Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kavaca Matte/Stealth PPF on Deep Blue MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking at PPF for my new Model Y in Deep Blue Metallic. Found a local shop that offers a great warranty on Kavaca film. They'll fix up any pieces of the PPF that have cuts/nicks in them once per year. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a full install of Kavaca PPF. After reading through other posts on the topic of matte PPF, I still have the following questions:

1. Does anyone have experience with the Kavaca matte/stealth film on a blue MY?
2. The shop had one or two photos of other vehicles but it seemed like the matte film made the paint look a little dull. Can you still see any sparkle in bright light conditions?

Matte film will always make paint look dull, hence the 'matte' designation. If you want sparkle, i would go with the gloss finish option of the film. I went with matte PPF because i've always loved the look of it, but diff strokes for diff folks.

Thanks for sharing. I've been doing more reading about the matte films requiring a little more maintenance than the gloss versions. I don't want to invite any more maintenance/cleaning work than necessary, so I think I'll go with the gloss film in spite of how much I like the matte look!

Thanks for sharing. I've been doing more reading about the matte films requiring a little more maintenance than the gloss versions. I don't want to invite any more maintenance/cleaning work than necessary, so I think I'll go with the gloss film in spite of how much I like the matte look!
Honestly, both require about the same. If you keep your car clean and not let anything etch into the film...you'd be fine with either. I went with matte and am super happy with the results. Its STEK matte ppf and it comes with a hydrophobic coating on top of it already:

1643675281530.png