Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keep an eye on Cabin Overheat Protection if using with Sentry Mode on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
Don't know if is this is related, but husband's MS had problems with AP and Sentry Mode being on together recently. AP suddenly wasn't working. Turning Sentry off and coming back to the car and turning Sentry mode back on resolved the issue for him. Just now I looked in on his car which was parked outside at work (he said pretty much in the shade) but charging at L2 work charger, and saw that his interior temp was 122F. He has Sentry Mode on and Cabin Overheat Protection on. He didn't want to stop charging so he turned on the AC to bring the temp down while he was in a meeting. Don't know if there's a correlation between his COP failing, Sentry On or not but wanted to at least bring awareness to checking your car if you have COP on and to make sure it's working.

Odd. I just had this issue while charging at a coffee bean. I noticed on my phone the inside temp was 120, which was odd since I had Cabin Overheat protection on. Turned on the climate control manually to avoid damaging things in my car.