TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Keep Daylight Savings?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by nwdiver, Mar 26, 2018.

?

Should we keep 'daylight savings time' all year?

1. NO, I enjoy shifting an hour in the fall and spring

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. YES, Leave the clocks alone

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. The opposite; I want earlier sunrises & sunsets...

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. jerry33

jerry33 (S85-3/2/13 traded in) X LR: F2611##-3/27/20

There is so little "standard time" left that it's pointless. No reason to not have one time all year round, and daylight savings time gives more daytime after work hours.

• Like x 1
  2. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

images.jpg

• Funny x 1
  3. cpa

cpa Active Member

It is nice rising with the sun during the shorter days. Rising an hour later during deep, dark December would be too late for us.

We generally eat dinner around 5:30, and crepuscular dining is something we both enjoy during those months.

4. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

All I know is whenever I've lived outside this province I've been confused as heck as what I'm supposed to to with the clocks twice a year.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. David29

David29 Supporting Member

Changing the clocks makes no sense, and is very disruptive twice per year. Here in Mass., a similar initiative is under study by the legislature. In our case, the incentive to stay on DST is that we are so far east in the time zone that we really belong in the Atlantic Time Zone. So, permanent DST is equivalent to standard time in the Atlantic zone. Unfortunately, MA won't go it alone, so nothing will happen on the state level unless and until the majority of the adjacent states agree as well -- and maybe the whole I-95 corridor from Boston at least as far as Washington. Otherwise, it might be too disruptive.

6. int32_t

int32_t Tesla Spotter

Just scrap the whole thing and stick with Everywhere Normal Time. That's my humble opinion. (Was that one of the options on the poll? I wasn't 100% sure.) Enough of this nonsense of leaping forward and backward, up and down—Saskatchewan has it right, @S'toon!

Edit: I should check out the Off Topic section more often, this is a good discussion! :cool: