Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keep Daylight Savings?

Should we keep 'daylight savings time' all year?

• NO, I enjoy shifting an hour in the fall and spring

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • YES, Leave the clocks alone

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • The opposite; I want earlier sunrises & sunsets...

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
images.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: nwdiver

David29

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
Changing the clocks makes no sense, and is very disruptive twice per year. Here in Mass., a similar initiative is under study by the legislature. In our case, the incentive to stay on DST is that we are so far east in the time zone that we really belong in the Atlantic Time Zone. So, permanent DST is equivalent to standard time in the Atlantic zone. Unfortunately, MA won't go it alone, so nothing will happen on the state level unless and until the majority of the adjacent states agree as well -- and maybe the whole I-95 corridor from Boston at least as far as Washington. Otherwise, it might be too disruptive.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC