Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keep it plugged in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

STPM3

Sep 25, 2018
Utah
A noob here trying to learn more about this game changer of a car....My M3 is used as a commuter. It is not used much on the weekends and obviously when I am out of town. What is a best practice for keeping the car plugged in when not used for days at a time?

I guess my question is does the car OS manage the power input during inactivity?

Thanks for the info.

Keep it plugged in to reduce wear and tear on the battery. For example, if the battery needs temperature adjustment, it can use wall power for that instead of yet another charge/discharge cycle. Or, if the 12v needs charging, it can use wall power for it.

Reactions: Thp3
Keep it plugged in to reduce wear and tear on the battery. For example, if the battery needs temperature adjustment, it can use wall power for that instead of yet another charge/discharge cycle. Or, if the 12v needs charging, it can use wall power for it.
I left it plugged in and it did nothing. What happens if you have it on 50% and while in garage and it drops below, will it charge up to 50%?