TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Keep Sentry Mode On

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Vintre, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Vintre

Vintre Member

Hello All,

I have a 2018 LR RWD. VIN 28,XXX

I really like the recent feature added of Sentry Mode.

The only problem is that I would like to keep it on all the time vs. having to turn it on every time I leave the vehicle.

I read somewhere that this would cost 1 mile per hour on the range, and for that, I am ok with that.

I would like Tesla to give us the option, On or OFF.

Anyone else?

Vin

• Like x 1
  2. Taid_87

Taid_87 Member

A developer of an App called Stats is working on this automation. Take a look at this review which did an awesome job on explaining what the app offers:

I have it and it's worth every penny.

3. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

I’m expecting this capability to be available in a software update at some point.

4. Frunkenstein

Frunkenstein Member

I'm just worried about thumb drive space. One hour in a restaurant resulted in 8GB of space. And as a result, halted dash cam with a grey X as it was out of space. I too, however, would like the option to keep it on as a permanent toggle once I get a larger drive of course!

• Like x 1
  5. ChrisDUK85

ChrisDUK85 Member

Hi

I have 2019.8.4

I have an issue trying to keep sentry mode on!

While car is in park:

controls > security > turn ON sentry mode

Then press drive on the shaft then back to Park and it turns off Sentry.

I want to keep it on all the time when in park and not every time i park the car.

6. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

It wont stay on, you have to manual turn it on every time.

7. bd7349

bd7349 Member

That isn't an option yet, it's coming in a future update. For now you have to turn it on every time from the car or through the app.

8. whatthe2

whatthe2 Active Member