Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keep the DAMN car running please!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leave a large sack of potatoes on the driver's seat.
Does that actually work? I was trying to figure out a 'camping mode' where you can be a a campground and charge overnight and sleep in the back. You can't use the e-brake trick because you can't charge with it in that state.
If you have an iphone then you can user "remote s" app ($10) and it will reset your climate controls (at least) every 30 minutes.

Iphone app with 'camping mode': Remote S for Tesla on the App Store

• Helpful
Reactions: loganintx
If you want to keep the HVAC running, open up the official Tesla iPhone or Android app and turn on the HVAC. It will stay on for 30 minutes. If you download a third party iPhone app (Remote S by Regoapps), there is a 'camping mode' that will keep the HVAC running indefinitely if you want to keep it running without having to remember to check the official Tesla app every 30 minutes.

Have your passenger push down on the center of the drivers seat firmly after you get out and close the door. Or if they forget and the car eventually turns off, just touch the screen and it will power back on.

I recently did a road trip with some chocolate candies in the car. At superchargers like Manteca with 105º air temp and surrounded by black pavement, I had to pull up the iPhone Tesla App in order to turn on the Climate system so I wouldn't have a puddle of chocolate when I got back from the restrooms.

Is there an easy way to turn on Climate in an empty car when I get out?

Does that actually work? I was trying to figure out a 'camping mode' where you can be a a campground and charge overnight and sleep in the back. ...
I have no clue. It was meant as a joke. It does remind me of this cartoon, though.

1368900405255260843.png

I proposed (to Elon on Twitter) a "Hold Temperature" button that would pop up over the HVAC controls whenever the car was placed in park--- sort of like the garage door openers do when you're close to home-- that would hold the current set temperature for 30 minutes.

Not only would this be faster than triggering the app after you've left the car, but it would allow the car to maintain temp when NO ONE is in it while running errands in hot/cold weather. Generally speaking, for quick stops this should be more efficient than allowing the cabin to drift away from the preset temp and have to fight back when you return.

As expected... there was no response on Twitter. But there ya go--- an easily added piece of code that would benefit ALL Tesla owners, not just the newer Autopilot crowd.

I proposed (to Elon on Twitter) a "Hold Temperature" button that would pop up over the HVAC controls whenever the car was placed in park--- sort of like the garage door openers do when you're close to home-- that would hold the current set temperature for 30 minutes.

Not only would this be faster than triggering the app after you've left the car, but it would allow the car to maintain temp when NO ONE is in it while running errands in hot/cold weather. Generally speaking, for quick stops this should be more efficient than allowing the cabin to drift away from the preset temp and have to fight back when you return.

As expected... there was no response on Twitter. But there ya go--- an easily added piece of code that would benefit ALL Tesla owners, not just the newer Autopilot crowd.

Perhaps this:

Email with subject Feature Request to the [email protected] email and they forward to the appropriate teams.

I sent this in today:

I want to be able to stay at a campground as I travel some nights

I want to charge on the 50 amp NEMA 14-50 *and* sleep in the back of the X *with* the HVAC system running!!

One note of caution when leaving the A/C on in humid climates. I recently turned the A/C on while at a supercharger in Port Orange, FL. Because of the high humidity, an ice dam built up at the blower, so no air was blowing through the unit when I got back on the road. It took about 20 minutes of highway driving before the ice dam melted and cool air started circulating.

The other night I was the designated driver for my husband and another couple at a wedding reception. I got tired early and went to nap in the car while all the intoxicated folks were making fools of themselves on the dance floor. It was 60 degrees out so no need for climate control. I wanted all interior lights off to minimize attention.

My problem was the opposite of this thread! I simply wanted to turn the damn car "off" and couldn't do it for more than a few seconds. ANY slight motion, touch of the screen, touch of a pedal, etc...turned the front screens on. This is fine for when the car is in idle mode, but when I navigate to "power off" and then click a confirmation box, I would expect it to be slightly more difficult to wake up. Every time I adjusted my position the car would turn on. Wish it wasn't this easy! :)