Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keep your farts, Elon.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suggest that the people developing Tesla fart apps and the like be assigned to solve production and delivery problems instead. I was angered by the fart app’s arrival, which signaled a pathetic lack of focus. Maybe I’m just a grumpy old man, but I am still missing parts of my car that they sold me months ago, and I really don’t like that they are working on farts instead. That being said, I can’t wait to show it off to my four-year-old grandson. He will be very impressed.

Programming and parts are two different departments but I understand your frustration.

You must be talking about the department that could spend a few days writing a small system that tracks part orders, checks the age of those orders every day, pesters the crap out of those who should be fulfilling those orders and sends automatic updates (with delay reasons and all that quaint stuff) to requesters at the service center.

Don't know about those peeps at Tesla, but I wager I could put one of those systems together in less time than it would take me to write a polished fart app like the one in our cars.

Come on, what other car farts on demand and has a cool fireplace on the dashboard that literally warms you up? Seriously, these Easter eggs are ingenious. I can’t say that coding these took away time from other important issues but as for me I’d rather have them than not. To my recollection I bough a fun car and these little tidbits are just lighthearted fun and nothing else.

Come on, what other car farts on demand and has a cool fireplace on the dashboard that literally warms you up? Seriously, these Easter eggs are ingenious. I can’t say that coding these took away time from other important issues but as for me I’d rather have them than not. To my recollection I bough a fun car and these little tidbits are just lighthearted fun and nothing else.
I agree, and wouldn’t underestimate the sales value of these features. A coworker with a model X did the Christmas light show in front of about 30 at a Christmas party. There were several couples asking about the car afterwards.

These are cheap easy features that are all part of why the car is unique.

Reactions: Saxena
Actually I view it as an excellent way to train new programmers on the car systems. Do you really want a new programmer working on autosteering right out of college? Or would you prefer they learn the car systems and work their way up? I see the whole Easter egg program as a brilliant way to capture new talent and have them learn the car systems in a way that if they mess up, the car will not self destruct.

I do not know if Tesla is doing this or not, but it seems like something logical to do.

• Funny
Reactions: BYE FOSL
If Tesla engineers worked half as hard on their Android phone app as they do on the fart app.......

HEY YOU DAMN KIDS, GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!

Then maybe things would be better. I've already had people come up to me at work and ask about the "farting Tesla". Just the image we need Elon, thanks a lot.o_O

Even programmers need some fun sometimes.

That is what the weekend is for.

If Tesla had everything under control you could better understand the deployment of resources on things like fart noises. However it is not hard to find some significant issues Tesla has that should be solved before fart apps are made.

I know people love to say the 'fart app developers are not the people that would do x or y..." However the reality is Tesla has a finite amount of resources and putting those resources toward fart apps mean they aren't going somewhere else.

Saying all that, I think the farts are funny.

Even programmers need some fun sometimes.

That is what the weekend is for.

If Tesla had everything under control you could better understand the deployment of resources on things like fart noises. However it is not hard to find some significant issues Tesla has that should be solved before fart apps are made.

I know people love to say the 'fart app developers are not the people that would do x or y..." However the reality is Tesla has a finite amount of resources and putting those resources toward fart apps mean they aren't going somewhere else.

Saying all that, I think the farts are funny.