Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keeping a model 3 clean: lazy person's guide?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[...]
Anyway, it was difficult and it took a lot of time and I am wondering about easier ways to keep a car clean enough not harm it. Any advice is welcome.

Another option would be to just pay someone to do it. If you are only washing the car a couple of times a year, the cost may not be so bad. One of my neighbors does it that way because he hates washing cars. I think the mobile detailers offer a considerable discount if you have them do multiple cars per visit.

I have never used one, but here's a detailer on Craigslist who will come to your house to wash the car for $40.

I am a bit of car detailing addict and have tried way too many cleaning and washing products to count.

For a rinseless wash, I second those who have recommended ONR and ONR with wax. For a waterless wash with wax, my favorite is Meguiars D115:

Meguiar's® D115 Detailer Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax, 1 Gallon

This Meguiar's cleans great, leaves behind a beautiful wax shine, and smells awesome.

If for some reason you prefer a waterless wash without wax, then I recommend McKee's Waterless Wash on the Go :

McKee's 37 Waterless Wash On The Go Concentrate makes several gallons of ready to use waterless car wash!

Optimum, the makers of ONR, also make a waterless wash called OptiClean which is very good. I prefer the McKees slightly but either one is a great waterless option.

The Meguiars D115 can also be used as a rinseless wash but I do not recommend it. The recommended dilution ratio for a rinseless wash make it way too expensive to be used in this manner, in my opinion.

If you are going to do a traditional wash or a rinseless wash, I definitely recommend this drying aid. I have found it to be the best drying aid on the market. It enables you to dry your car with a damp microfiber towel, so it greatly reduces the risk of inducing scratches into your paint.

AMMO Hydrate Paint Moisturizer | AMMO AUTO CARE INC.

OP, honestly, just take it to a regular handwash.

Your car will have microscratches, but if you're the kind of person who thought ONR was a pain, you're better off just paying for a handwash.

Life is short; if you're not a OCD car enthusiast, just take your car to the car wash and be done with it.

I am a bit of car detailing addict and have tried way too many cleaning and washing products to count.

For a rinseless wash, I second those who have recommended ONR and ONR with wax. For a waterless wash with wax, my favorite is Meguiars D115:

Meguiar's® D115 Detailer Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax, 1 Gallon

This Meguiar's cleans great, leaves behind a beautiful wax shine, and smells awesome.

If for some reason you prefer a waterless wash without wax, then I recommend McKee's Waterless Wash on the Go :

McKee's 37 Waterless Wash On The Go Concentrate makes several gallons of ready to use waterless car wash!

Optimum, the makers of ONR, also make a waterless wash called OptiClean which is very good. I prefer the McKees slightly but either one is a great waterless option.

The Meguiars D115 can also be used as a rinseless wash but I do not recommend it. The recommended dilution ratio for a rinseless wash make it way too expensive to be used in this manner, in my opinion.

If you are going to do a traditional wash or a rinseless wash, I definitely recommend this drying aid. I have found it to be the best drying aid on the market. It enables you to dry your car with a damp microfiber towel, so it greatly reduces the risk of inducing scratches into your paint.

AMMO Hydrate Paint Moisturizer | AMMO AUTO CARE INC.

This is great advice, but she literally said a lazy person. AMMO NYC and his methods are the literal opposite of lazy.

I agree with you that using all of Larry's AMMO NYC products is the opposite of lazy. But if you wash your car using a traditional or rinseless wash, drying the entire car with a single wet microfiber towel and the AMMO Hydrate, in my opinion, is a super fast and easy way to dry the car without inducing any scratches or swirles. That's why I was recommending just the single AMMO Hydrate product to the OP, not his entire line of prodcuts. Hope that helps clarify.