Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keeping FSD beta testers attentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
just a wild, off the wall thought.
I've noticed that every so often FSD will do the most insane things, like swerve into the oncoming lane to avoid long grass at the side of the road, or try to pull out into oncoming traffic. It will do this in areas it has driven flawlessly many, many times before.
After one such event I started wondering if some of these were an anti-complacency action to make sure we were always watching like a hawk.
Remember that the warning message says it may to deviate at the worst times, also Tesla/Elon has often said that the biggest issue is that owners become too complacent when using AP (because it inspires confidence)
Or maybe I'm just being too suspicious and seeing conspiracy everywhere :D
yeah, thats it . . .

• Funny
Reactions: TresLA and EVNow
just a wild, off the wall thought.
I've noticed that every so often FSD will do the most insane things, like swerve into the oncoming lane to avoid long grass at the side of the road, or try to pull out into oncoming traffic. It will do this in areas it has driven flawlessly many, many times before.
After one such event I started wondering if some of these were an anti-complacency action to make sure we were always watching like a hawk.
Remember that the warning message says it may to deviate at the worst times, also Tesla/Elon has often said that the biggest issue is that owners become too complacent when using AP (because it inspires confidence)
Or maybe I'm just being too suspicious and seeing conspiracy everywhere :D
yeah, thats it . . .

It’s behavior is a crapshoot. I hear they have them in Monte Carlo.

• Funny
Reactions: ContrarianDC