TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Keeping it on Wifi when sim is not available over seas

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Fares Almazrooei, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Fares Almazrooei

Fares Almazrooei Desert T

Guys its not the best way but there is no other way

My X is not connecting all the time, and if it did it does not stay connected

i have a portable hotspot with 4g LTE that i keep in the car all times and my phone test connection gives me 100+ mbs

tried to reset and forget network
    tried to change to other hotspot devices

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

I thought I've read about folks switching out the sim card. I think it's a bit burried behind the touch screen though. Might be an option.

- - - Updated - - -

Found it. It's an old thread about the S but might help you out.

Where is the SIM card located?

3. green1

green1 Active Member

The bigger worry would be monthly data caps, nobody has yet said how much data the car pulls on a monthly basis, but I'd be worried it would overwhelm your data cap on your hotspot fairly quickly, especially if it decides to download firmware and/or map updates.

4. spottyq

spottyq Member

This article cites 7Gb per month.

It dates from october 2014, and a few informations in it seems to be wrong, so take it with a pot of salt. :)