TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Keeping music on when M3 is parked with family in car

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Deuce Legend, Apr 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Deuce Legend

Deuce Legend Member

I've only had my Model 3 for a month, so bear with me here.

Situation:
    My wife is in the backseat with newborn and I need to go inside a store. How do I keep the music on when I leave the car? I know "Dog Mode" for AC, but I can't figure out how to keep the music on too.

For other M3 owners, how do you keep the AC and music on when going to far from the car?

2. a1machinista1

a1machinista1 Member

Can you turn the car on from your app? I think there is a start button under controls. Maybe that would work?

3. Deuce Legend

Deuce Legend Member

Ok. Thanks! I didn't pay attention to that. I'll definitely try this soon.

4. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

If the car is running from your phone, maybe it's as simple as leaving that with her and take her phone with you (in case of emergency)?

5. Deuce Legend

Deuce Legend Member

@strykeroz - I've tried leaving my phone in the car. It still shuts off when I leave the car. It must sense when the driver leaves.

• Informative x 1
  6. ammulder

ammulder '98 GS400 -> P3D+

Have you tried "Keep Climate On"?

7. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

The trick is to place the car in Neutral Gear to keep it alive and electronic brake to keep it from rolling.

It only dies when the main battery is depleted in a week or so. Hopefully, you'll come back by then.

See page 55.

[​IMG]

8. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

My wife’s phone is registered as a key with my Model 3. The car doesn’t shut off if I run into a store for a little bit while she waits in the car. AC and music keep going.

• Helpful x 1
  9. svp6

svp6 Member

Not sure from the backseat. When there is a passenger in the front seat, simply touching the screen does the trick.

I am amazed why Tesla does not change this after so many years. The car nags me when my wife does not put her seatbelt on - yet it ignores the fact there is a passenger inside when the driver leaves the car.

10. Deuce Legend

Deuce Legend Member

Nope. Doesn't work. It allows remote access for driving, but doesn't turn on the screen or AC.

11. Deuce Legend

Deuce Legend Member

Thank you! I'll definitely try this next time.