Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keeping Tesla Wifi button in ON position all the time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My one year premium connectivity ended a few days ago. Now that Tesla allows connection to Wifi hotspot I thought I might as well make use of my phone's hot spot data.

I am able to tweak and get Tesla to recognize the hotspot from my phone and then play the podcasts. But when I out of the car and come back a couple of hours later the icon shows it is searching for a wifi signal. I have to go to wifi setting in the car and turn it from OFF to ON position before it would detect my hotspot and connect to it.

Is there a way for me to prevent Tesla from changing from the ON to OFF position when the car is parked and not connected to any wifi.

Elon stated that it would be available, he didn't say it would be designed to work as expected or intuitive :confused:.

I have swallowed the cost of premium connectivity as I like to get realtime status and alter cabin climate remotely, which being without premium "always connected" makes it impossible, unless one has a cellular MiFi inside the car?

I have had a 2018 model 3 and park in a condo garage with not cell or wifi. I just recently installed a WiFi network in the garage. Good news it works when I manually connect to the network but some time while the car is parked the car disconnects from the network. I have to "turn wifi back on" in order to reconnect. Selecting "stay connected in drive" does not help. I do use that while I am driving with my phone hotspot.

What is the best way to get Tesla to address these issues?

Reactions: Pasralph1
I have had a 2018 model 3 and park in a condo garage with not cell or wifi. I just recently installed a WiFi network in the garage. Good news it works when I manually connect to the network but some time while the car is parked the car disconnects from the network. I have to "turn wifi back on" in order to reconnect. Selecting "stay connected in drive" does not help. I do use that while I am driving with my phone hotspot.

Good question!!

Twitter, apparently.