Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keeping white seats clean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Waiting on my model 3 LR - MSM exterior/white interior. What is the best way IYO to keep the white as white as possible? The SA's swear by baby wipes (non alcoholic) but am interested in everyone's experiences ..... can't wait to get it, still a month-month and a half out :mad:

Agreed. Baby wipes will do the majority of your cleaning. If you have something stubborn, dish soap, water and elbow grease should cover the rest.

I’d suggest that you consider a ceramic coating for the seats, not necessarily for dirt/spills (those come off fairly easily regardless) but for dye transfer from dark clothes. I used the DIY kit linked below. Alternatively, you can pay a professional a few hundred to do it.

GYEON Quartz LeatherShield 50ml Amazon.com

Reactions: joebruin77
There are lots of informative posts on this topic on TMC. Try searching "cleaning white seats".

The seats are not real leather - they are a "vegan" material covered in polyurethane. This is what the owner's manual says:

"Polyurethane Seats Wipe spills as soon as possible using a soft cloth moistened with warm water and nondetergent soap. Wipe gently in a circular motion. After cleaning, allow the seats to air dry".

Personally, I have found that a microfiber towel and any general purpose interior cleaner will work. I have used Mckees 37 Fast Interior Detailer and Chemical Guys Inner Clean Interior Cleaner. Both work great and leave an awesome scent. Once I had a stubborn marker stain left by a valet and I used some diluted Simple Green to get it out.

Reactions: BeeGood
There are lots of informative posts on this topic on TMC. Try searching "cleaning white seats".

The seats are not real leather - they are a "vegan" material covered in polyurethane. This is what the owner's manual says:

"Polyurethane Seats Wipe spills as soon as possible using a soft cloth moistened with warm water and nondetergent soap. Wipe gently in a circular motion. After cleaning, allow the seats to air dry".

Personally, I have found that a microfiber towel and any general purpose interior cleaner will work. I have used Mckees 37 Fast Interior Detailer and Chemical Guys Inner Clean Interior Cleaner. Both work great and leave an awesome scent. Once I had a stubborn marker stain left by a valet and I used some diluted Simple Green to get it out.

Here is a few posts I found when I just searched the model 3 section for "cleaning white seats":

And, the 9 page master thread on removing stains from the white seats, stickied at the top of this subforum: