Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ken/Kent/Kerry Beauchrt/Beuchert/Beuchrt/Biker/Rider/Krider

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ken=Kent=Kerry?

08/23/2006 Ken Beauchrt: "Electric cars are still nowhere near being economically viable. They are still the domain of the eccentric and well heeled environmental exhibitionist, like the goofball Hollywood 'personality' George Gooney. "
09/21/2006 Ken Beuchrt from Tampa FL sez… : "Who Killed the Electric Car?... is … a fictionalized con job."

07/11/2006 Ker Beauchrt says: "I've never seen a movie (except Oliver Stone's braindead JFK) that so completely destroyed reality with a pack of lies"

Last edited:
This poor guy wrote a huge response to something Beuchrt just copied and pasted onto that guys blog

Here, Martin of Tesla got pulled into Kent's world of angst

As I read through all the blogs I linked in this topic, it was really sad to see how much of a negative tone 'Kent' threw into many of these blogs & forums. What would have been healthy dialogs turned into defensive rebuttals.

The 'Kent MO' seems to be to find a blog on EVs, and be the first to post to it with something inflammatory then never come back to respond to the ensuing chaos.

Kent, I have to imagine with all your ability to find EV blogs that you have found this forum. Do you care to post anything here? Is it really worth YEARS of your time to keep lambasting EVs & PVs like this? Can't you just find something fun to do instead of raining on everyone's parade?

I've seen behavior like this on stock message boards, usually from bashers but occasionally from pumpers. They often create multiple aliases, sometimes even discuss amongst "themselves". Some continue to do so after they've been caught and outed. I think it's some kind of mental problem. :eek:
My guess is anyone actually paid to do this sort of work would just come up with unrelated names. Since "Kent" repeatedly uses the same similar names it's a safe bet he's just a very disturbed individual.

The hits just keep on coming...

11/26/2007"If anyone is gullible enough to believe that an electric car utilizes 84% of its energy..."
11/14/2007"Why do the short sighted folks believe that a battery-only electric is required?"
11/12/2007"Anyone gullible enough to believe the 1204 lies in 'Who Killed the Electric Car?' should be forced to own and drive an EV-1 , named last week by Times auto analysts as one of the 50 worst cars ever built."
11/12/2007"Operation Better Place is largely a con that actually increases the cost of batteries, making EVs even less economically viable."
11/12/2007"solar photovoltaic technology compelyely sucks...crappy and useless wind and wave and photovoltaic, upon which billions have been wasted."
11/11/2007"Seems like Al Gore only likes to be correctd on his own terms. 20/20 had some devastating facts about Al's many errors in his film...Way to go, Al. Job poorly done."solar photovoltaic technology compelyely sucks...crappy and useless wind and wave and photovoltaic, upon which billions have been wasted."
11/09/2007"Considering the fact that the upcoming Fisker shreds any claims of Tesla as the prmier EV, I'd say those still on the list simply haven't gotten the word that the Tesla has been renered obsolete and impractical by the go-anywhere-do-anything-Fisker...Eberhard The Fool is now learning the hard way that his arrogant and silly claims to outdo Detroit are nothing but wind."
11/07/2007" I would buy the Fisker and never even consider the crappy tesla all-electric..."

I sure hope he doesn't goad Tesla into chasing Fisker (serial hybrid) instead of sticking with BEVs like they planned.

Last edited:
I saw a few of these Autobloggreen Posts he made and thought about how hw must troll the green EV sites constantly to get in his vile comments in so quickly.

Since we see he is mostly preaching his anti-green message to cause havoc on Progressive boards it begs the question where does he call "home" on the Internet? Does he chat freely and safely with other rabid ICE fans somewhere? Is there a site that he regularly Posts with people of his ilk?

I think that he has to get his vitriolic prose from other sources than his own scrambled brain.

What I always find strange is his eloquence is all over the place. Some posts he seems like someone that can barely write while in other posts his arguments are logically sound, and he's argumenting properly. It's usually not based on truths or with some serious holes in it if you start to poke around in them, but it's strange how he changes...
Which of course is why I thought earlier that it's not really a person but a PR psydonum for some company...

Cobos

Last edited:
Kent in 1999

The Linux Today postings
12/18/1999 "[Oswald was aiming at Connolly, not JFK as everyone assumes]"
11/22/1999 "The biggest lie of the decade is the idea that Linux makes one's software free."
11/13/1999 "Auto manufacturers don't require drivers to understand the intricacies of the transmission or engine in order to drive the car."
11/06/1999 "as a long time despiser of Microsoft and Gates,"...
10/12/1999 "Linus seems to have now amply demonstrated Finnish arrogance and cluelessness"...
05/27/1999 "a paranoid's sense of an all-powerfull entity that never in fact existed"
04/12/1999 "Much of the glory of Linux is due to the rotten smell of Microsoft."
04/12/1999 "Bill Gates, I don't believe, ever had an original thought, or even recognized one."
04/07/1999 "Anyone who claims 20 fold increase in the speed of Java simply by compiling into object code is lying thru their teeth"
03/08/1999 "Non-portability of apps is the root of all the evils that currently exist in the software world, as evinced by the DOJ case against Microsoft."
12/28/1998 "Whoever can maintain that Linux frees software needs a lobotomy."

------

05/26/1999 "{Bill Gates is} sort of a Bill Clinton without the hush-my-mouth ability to lie and wear a big red nose."

Last edited:
Thomas C Gray

It seems that one "Thomas C Gray" responds in kind to many of Mr. Beuchert's postings...

See these where Beauchrt/Beuchert posts something and "Thomas C. Gray" responds:

11/09/2007"Eberhard had found out the hard way that he doesn’t know very much about building automobiles, electric or otherwise, and has had to eat crow and hire former Detroit auto execs to save his car from the junk heap of history."
08/01/2006" The claims that wind turbines are raping the mountaintops are rather pathetic attempts to depict turbines as unattractive"

And this one in particular where both use the email "[email protected]" for their return address:
11/21/2007 kent beuchert ([email protected]): "I'm amazed at the ignorance of the posters here."
11/21/2007 Thomas C Gray ([email protected]): "...obviously ignorant statements about the Volt..."

And "Thomas C Gray" on his own:
10/21/2007"Quit talking as though you are saving the fu*%#cking world, you self inflated pompous ass! I guarantee you that your pathetically insignificant green activities can’t possible by detected by the world at large....Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Total moron."
05/13/2007"Unreliable and uncontrollable energy geenrators like wind and the wave machines that do the same are not the answer to anything... The green energy boys are ripping off the public again."

And here...

?Another alias?

This person or persons is/are really making a mockery of the EV & Alt energy blogs.

Last edited:
Haven't seen anything on the "Kent Beuchert" front in the past week or so.

Because I know you're SO concerned, he hangs over at the gm-volt.com forum. Part of today's quote by him:

"If everyone had a 40 mile plug-in, we could easily fulfill all our liquid fuel requirements for the private sector using only E85 : my estimate was that we would only need somewhere around 13 to 16 billion gallons. Imagine that - more ethanol than we actually will need."

Obviously, I need not remind everyone to validate sources and review the latest conspiracy theories on ethanol before citing to those figures.

http://www.gm-volt.com/2007/12/06/h...rs-drive-less-than-40-miles-per-day/#comments

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this guy works for GM, he's a big fanboy for Lightning and Fisker. Actually just about anything other than Tesla.

My guess is he worked for Tesla and got fired, or maybe wanted to work there and got turned down. There must have been some sort traumatic event that made him so vehemently anti-Tesla.

No matter, I don't think there's many folks who take him seriously.

Nah. I figure the guy just got a bug up his ass about Martin for some unknown reason. If you checked his profiles on Amazon, you'll see that our man hones in on individuals; concepts and ideas are just vehicles for his personal attacks. Remember all his comments about Martin's "arrogance"? Now that Martin is doing other things, there's no fun in attacking Tesla.