Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ken/Kent/Kerry Beauchrt/Beuchert/Beuchrt/Biker/Rider/Krider

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great question, Doug. There are many theories but maybe it's one of those things best left answered. Like one of those "if a tree falls in the forest" kind of deals.

I just happened to trip over him again beating up on ZAP. It's a bit of an easy target but our hero still gets quite worked up about it. Great lulz.

He's shown his sunny disposition over on my blog as well, with a rant against solar panels.
kent beuchert said:
End of
stupid idea number 3425.
I just got a chilling image of Kent in his damp basement. Newspaper clippings and web page printouts about Tesla Motors and Martin Eberhard cover the walls. Each one is carefully numbered and different colors of yarn connect the "relevant" statements.

This guy has issues.

It seems our hero has taken on yet another nom de plume, so to speak. Yes, in yet another electric car disparaging post to some random blog, Kent has renamed himself Kermit. Why? My guess is it has something to do with the fact that it's not easy being green.

But is one long ill-tempered tirade under an alternate name enough? Alas, no. He follows himself up with a comment in agreement with his previous comment under the name Tom C Gray.

I see the blogger has noticed they are from the same person and says he has deleted the comments but for some reason they are still visible to me. Perhaps a should save a copy of this page for those times when I am a little sad and in need of some epic lulz.

Global Warming To Eliminate Tourism in the Caribbean « It’s Getting Hot In Here

"The conclusion : reducing carbon emissions will have little, if any, effect on global warming; therefore, more direct techniques are required, such as space based shields.
I wonder how long before the dimwitted media catches the significance of this?"

ACTIVIST KICKS BACKS - AKB - ELECTRIC VEHICLES - Blognow

Climate Progress » Blog Archive » Toyota kidnaps one more electric car

Think Progress » Experts Speak: No Good Military Options in Iran

Last edited:
I wonder if Thom is Kent, since what he's saying is actually correct. What Cui is claiming has not been verified as far as I know and it seems as if he's really overestimating the potential even if his theories pan out. I think there is a thread here discussing it.

Oh noes! Someone mentioned the EV-1 in a news article. Of course this triggered a rapidfire response from our hero. (Man, he is quick) The subject of the article, a did-it-himself EV converter, responded with a calm thoughtful rebuttal. He even leaves his phone number and offers to take people for a test ride.

Wow he's good at stirring it up. Knocking the Prius on a Hybrid forum is gold.

I just can't figure out he is always first -even on the non standard (car) forums like that 2020 one!

Last edited:
Anne Korin’s profile is rising with the price of crude oil | Muckety.com - See the news

KB is first commenter but check out #4.
"
#4. John Spradley 08.07.2008
From a recent post on the EV Discussion List: Subject: [EVDL] Professional anti-EV lobbyists Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 17:54:56 -0500 (GMT-05:00) From: Lee Hart In recent posts, I wondered how the various EV naysayers could respond so quickly. When something pro-EV appears, vehement anti-EV responses appear almost instantly. I’ve since received several emails off-list, pointing out that there really *are* programs that search the web for key topics and phrases, and if found, will even compose a tentative reply from a library of pre-written responses. They use information gleaned form the web, made-up or untraceable references, things taken out of context, etc. to create an illusion of credibility. And, there are professional lobbyists who use such programs. All they have to do is edit it a bit to sound more human, and hit “send”. They usually use false names and identities (called sock puppets). I thought this was all conspiracy theory. But then I was asked to Google “Kent-Beuchert” (including the hyphen). Example aliases are Ken/Kent/Kerry and Beauchrt/Beuchert/Beuchrt/Biker/Rider/Krider and others. Apparently the real name is Kent Beuchert, who works as a PR person for oil and gas lobbies, with offices in Virginia and Florida. There are *hundreds* of nearly identical anti-EV articles and responses. Pro oil too."

So do the Pro Ev groups need to buy this same program (what ever it is)?