Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kenauk Nature Resort - Montebello, Quebec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering taking a little trip later in the summer to spend a couple of days at the Kenauk Nature Resort in Montebello, Quebec. (Driving from Toronto).

Plugshare does not show any charging right near the Resort but there is Fairmont pretty close that looks like it has a number of destination chargers. (Closest supercharger might be Casselman, ON).

Has anyone been to the Kenauk Resort? Wondering if I can get my car close enough to the lodge to just plug in - anyone been there or nearby - in the area with any thoughts?

Thx

Reactions: SmartElectric
@Birdman325 - I did a route plan on Abetterrouteplanner.com and starting from Pearson (not knowing your exact starting point), it appears stopping at Casselman on the way there and back should be fine. I have a MS75D that has a 400 Km range which is less than your M3 LR.

Thx - Yeah I am starting from Toronto GTA - I did a couple of routes using abetterouteplanner, - If I can charge up in that area (either at the Fairmont or otherwise) then I can probably do a short charge at Belleville and then go straight up, but will need to charge up in order to do some driving around in the area) - otherwise, if I am assuming no destination charging, then stopping at Casselman will be a necessity.

Thx - Yeah I am starting from Toronto GTA - I did a couple of routes using abetterouteplanner, - If I can charge up in that area (either at the Fairmont or otherwise) then I can probably do a short charge at Belleville and then go straight up, but will need to charge up in order to do some driving around in the area) - otherwise, if I am assuming no destination charging, then stopping at Casselman will be a necessity.
Worst case scenario you can plug into a slow 110V plug and get some range. I would call them and ask to see if there is a standard plug (or other option for electric cars) that you can utilize while there. I'm willing to bet they have at least a 110 V outlet that is accessible to you.

Last year I drove to NYC and stayed at a Best Western and on their website there was no mention of any destination charging. When I got there I noticed that on each level of the parking (it was covered) they had one 110 V plug accessible in one of the parking spots. Sure enough, when I asked them about it, they said its for EV's. So you may luck out and get something like that at Kenuak

Considering taking a little trip later in the summer to spend a couple of days at the Kenauk Nature Resort in Montebello, Quebec. (Driving from Toronto).

Plugshare does not show any charging right near the Resort but there is Fairmont pretty close that looks like it has a number of destination chargers. (Closest supercharger might be Casselman, ON).

Has anyone been to the Kenauk Resort? Wondering if I can get my car close enough to the lodge to just plug in - anyone been there or nearby - in the area with any thoughts?

Thx
I have been to Kenauk when staying at the Chateau Montebello. They offer a day pass to explore the reserve and use their kayaks etc. It is a short drive from the Chateau and very nice.
Did not take my Tesla when I made the trip, and I would think the Chateau would say their chargers are for guests only.
Why not stay a night there and charge up?
If you have not spent time at the worlds largest wooden structure , you are missing out-it is very cool!

Thx. We will more than likely stay one night (either on the front end or the back end) and the Chateau - charging up there would be the plan - I was just wondering if any one had been to Kenauk and stayed there whether there was even 110 available charging.
thx

Thx. We will more than likely stay one night (either on the front end or the back end) and the Chateau - charging up there would be the plan - I was just wondering if any one had been to Kenauk and stayed there whether there was even 110 available charging.
thx
Simplest way to determine this would be to call them. :)

Last year I drove to NYC and stayed at a Best Western and on their website there was no mention of any destination charging. When I got there I noticed that on each level of the parking (it was covered) they had one 110 V plug accessible in one of the parking spots. Sure enough, when I asked them about it, they said its for EV's.

@Biscuitman Link please - "If you have not spent time at the worlds largest wooden structure , you are missing out-it is very cool!"

Last year I drove to NYC and stayed at a Best Western and on their website there was no mention of any destination charging. When I got there I noticed that on each level of the parking (it was covered) they had one 110 V plug accessible in one of the parking spots. Sure enough, when I asked them about it, they said its for EV's.

@Biscuitman Link please - "If you have not spent time at the worlds largest wooden structure , you are missing out-it is very cool!"

https://www.fairmont.com/montebello/

I have been there many times, they have a bunch of destination chargers at chateau montebello, at least 5 but last time I was there people with Teslas were treating them like parking spots for days...

They also have 2 circuit electrique level 2’s.

Kenauk is far, at least 20 minutes away if I remember correctly, and that is to the entrance, you could be another 20 minutes in depending on where you are staying within Kenauk.
8ACCA456-4DDC-4C88-BC18-3FE4854720A1.jpeg

Had a great drive from Toronto to Perth and experienced some awesome V3 supercharging at Perth. Plus the Starbucks and grocery store right in the plaza - it was great.
Then went straight to Fairmont Château Montebello where they could not have been more Tesla friendly.
Will post consumption stats shortly.
8EBB2FC3-46B8-4823-BDAD-068172232BAA.jpeg

Attachments

• 0D5A0B13-8AF2-423D-A229-FEAB6FC462C0.jpeg
    0D5A0B13-8AF2-423D-A229-FEAB6FC462C0.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 39
Had a great drive from Toronto to Perth and experienced some awesome V3 supercharging at Perth. Plus the Starbucks and grocery store right in the plaza - it was great.
Then went straight to Fairmont Château Montebello where they could not have been more Tesla friendly.
Will post consumption stats shortly.
View attachment 577117
Could you tell if the chargers at Montebello we’re only for guests or can anyone use them? In-car Nav says for guests only but i know it’s not always right.

When you drive on to the property there is now a COVID “checkpoint”. ( not sure if there has always been some kind of access point there or new because of COVID).
The first time we drove in they check your name of the guest list, take your temp and give you a bracelet. Every time you come in after that (after leaving the property in your car) you just wave your bracelet but they still take your temp.
So, if you are able to get on the property because visiting, there doesn’t seem to be anything that would stop you from charging (the Tesla destination chargers are live and don’t seem to need to be activated) but the question of whether you can now even drive on to the grounds without being a registered “guest” is an open question.

• Informative
Reactions: ccudmore