Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kennebunk, ME (I-95 NB and SB service plazas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Workers were still there at 6 tonight. I didn't get a chance to stop since they were there. I did drive by slowly but did not see much change from yesterday. It looked like they were doing site prep.

I'll speculate and say they are going to get the paving and landscape work done so the electricians can come in next.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Concrete was poured for the sidewalk and the transformer was placed. Landscaping still needs to be down with a little bit of concrete work. The paving still needs to be completed along with the electrical work.
20180621_183244.jpg

Has anyone verified if Kennebunk soutbound is up? Speaking with Tesla supercharger team in Framingham, MA yesterday around 8:30pm as they were lighting up that site, they said they had finished Kennebunk south (ie. implied it was up, although I don't think I asked that question explicitly). They were super happy about the turnaround time on this site (37 days).

Has anyone verified if Kennebunk soutbound is up? Speaking with Tesla supercharger team in Framingham, MA yesterday around 8:30pm as they were lighting up that site, they said they had finished Kennebunk south (ie. implied it was up, although I don't think I asked that question explicitly). They were super happy about the turnaround time on this site (37 days).

It would appear that Framingham, Mansfield, AND Kennebunk are all on now (as long as someone comfirms KBunk southbound.)

They should have been using this crew all along........lol

Reactions: chjch
Hear ye hear ye. This is the latest update from the south bound Kennebunk charger. Tent Jackson was live on site and captured the following pictures.
20180630_204511.jpg
20180630_204508.jpg

Based on what you see the chargers look to be alive. I mean live. If anything with a Tesla wants to try them to confirm. You can legal get to these from outside the confines of the turnpike.

If you wait for me to get a Tesla it will be 3-4 years before I can afford a model 3.

Edit: Spelling is hard.

I just want to thank everyone. I always thought this sure would be perfect for superchargers. I remember watching the supercharger reveal and am in a little bit of disbelief that there are some in my backyard.

Thank _you_ for keeping us updated on the progress.
It just needs one person willing to check on progress and people know when it happens.
Then just one person to test it when the tracker sees the light on. (Although, my perception is that Tesla is faster to list it now than a few years ago.)

(I tracked the Augusta, ME one when it was under construction. No pictures until the end, because a crew member requested that I not take photos. A lurking Tesla owner from Brunswick, ME checked it out that evening.)

Reactions: TDR32
As of Sunday, southbound was indeed operational (charged northbound and southbound on the way home), with the same southbound stalls taped off as indicated in the picture in the previous post. Interestingly, I think the stalls taped off are the same ones as a few that were also non operational just after Tesla energized the Framingham MA site Saturday (same Tesla team did both). Not sure what that means, and not sure if all stalls at both sites are now operational given it's been a few days.