Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kenriko Chrome Delete Kit: Show off your tips and pictures here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the kit sitting in my house. It arrived the day before I left for a 2-week business trip to San Diego. Now I'm back in Phoenix, but am hesitant to install it in 110+ degree weather.

Don't even attempt it if it's over 80 degrees.

I had to film the install video in 110 degree weather and it was not only 10x harder to install but I ended up with heat exhaustion after filming the mirror install video.

I had mine done by a local shop...Sure, it costs more, but the results are much better than the DIY route.

I hope you mean better than "your" DIY route. There are plenty of people in these forums who have skills as-good-as or better-than the average shop. In my experience, the attention to detail given by most shops is substandard at best. There are 1 or 2 exceptions, but most are geared for profit not quality, and will cut any corner they can to achieve that goal.

I for one would not be happy with those results if I were in your shoes. There are several glaring flaws in the overall craftsmanship. Door lines are wavy and bunched up, bubbles, vinyl not fully tucked, fingers at the corners of the mirrors. Looks pretty amateur IMO.

Anyway, not to flame but it's almost laughable if you think this is quality workmanship and "better than DIY" since that depends on the skill level of the owner. So far all of the pictures I've seen of Kenriko's kit look great, especially by comparison.

Keep em coming guys!

Last edited:
I hope you mean better than "your" DIY route. There are plenty of people in these forums who have skills as-good-as or better-than the average shop. In my experience, the attention to detail given by most shops is substandard at best. There are 1 or 2 exceptions, but most are geared for profit not quality, and will cut any corner they can to achieve that goal.

I for one would not be happy with those results if I were in your shoes. There are several glaring flaws in the overall craftsmanship. Door lines are wavy and bunched up, bubbles, vinyl not fully tucked, fingers at the corners of the mirrors. Looks pretty amateur IMO.

Anyway, not to flame but it's almost laughable if you think this is quality workmanship and "better than DIY" since that depends on the skill level of the owner. So far all of the pictures I've seen of Kenriko's kit look great, especially by comparison.

Keep em coming guys!
He might be saying if he did the DIY himself...

Don't even attempt it if it's over 80 degrees.

I had to film the install video in 110 degree weather and it was not only 10x harder to install but I ended up with heat exhaustion after filming the mirror install video.

Yeah, the heat in Texas right now is the main reason I haven't ordered yet. I'm hoping it cools down by late Sept so I can give this a go. Will probably order the next batch.

I have black with the silver 19s and will probably go satin. Am seriously considering leaving the door handles unwrapped - I kinda like the pop of chrome there and think it will be that much more striking with the door and mirror trim wrapped. What do you all think? Has anyone else done this / are there pics?

Posted in the centre console thread as well:

Installed the chrome delete kit yesterday.

I spent considerable time on the first mirror, around 3 hrs. [with a lunch break] getting it perfect. The larger upper piece was especially difficult but I was very pleased with the outcome. The next mirror was 40 minutes, so while my learning curve was initially steep, it started going quicker.

I must of accidentally grabbed the wrong tube as I incorrectly installed the Passenger T2 wrap on the Drivers side. Everything was going great until that piece, then suddenly it was bubbled a lot more than usual (yeah, because it’s cut for the other side, dummy!). Not until I got to the Passengers side did I realize. I ended up just flipping the remaining Driver’s T2 upside down and installing it on the Passenger side. The tabs at the end didn’t fit properly, so a bit of Xacto/heat fixed it all up.

I’m not happy with the turn signal wraps. It was like they didn’t fit at all, and I actually went through both wraps on both sides. The video is frustrating because “line the top up, and boom, everything is perfect”. In reality, the top line on the turn signal is straight, the wrap isn’t. When you fold/wrap around and down, the vinyl doesn’t line up with the edge of the light. I even tried starting from the turn signal interior curve and wrapping out - didn’t work either. A ton of heating, pulling, and swearing, then ultimately the Xacto to make it all work. I may email to have a replacement sent, as I’m not totally happy with the finish.

Otherwise, the kit is very well put together and well thought out. If I have any criticism, it’s that some of the install videos are out of frame/out of focus/lack detail, especially with the initial line up of each piece. It can be frustrating to watch a video that makes it look easy/perfect, meanwhile you’re struggling. Oh well, not a big deal.

Ultimately, I made it work and the car looks great. Highly recommend if you’re going to do the delete.

I must of accidentally grabbed the wrong tube as I incorrectly installed the Passenger T2 wrap on the Drivers side. Everything was going great until that piece, then suddenly it was bubbled a lot more than usual (yeah, because it’s cut for the other side, dummy!). Not until I got to the Passengers side did I realize. I ended up just flipping the remaining Driver’s T2 upside down and installing it on the Passenger side. The tabs at the end didn’t fit properly, so a bit of Xacto/heat fixed it all up.

T2 is tricky since both sides look similar, the easiest way to make sure you have it right is the side with the thicker triangle (Pacman with an overbite) should be facing the front and the thicker part on the bottom.

Fill out the form here and I'll send you the extra pieces you need: www.kenriko.com/pages/1up

T2 is tricky since both sides look similar, the easiest way to make sure you have it right is the side with the thicker triangle (Pacman with an overbite) should be facing the front and the thicker part on the bottom.

Fill out the form here and I'll send you the extra pieces you need: www.kenriko.com/pages/1up

Thanks, I’ll check that out. I had the Pac-Man right right way... it was just the completely wrong piece. Oh well!

@Kenriko what do you think of a black chrome kit? I already have mine chrome deleted in satin black but I'm thinking about redoing it in black chrome.

Reactions: HMRSKima
You'd want to clay. Especially if you haven't in a while. You might see imperfections like tiny rocks in the paint that your wash didn't remove.

Would there be a noticeable difference in installation difficulty without claying? The car is a tad over two months old, and wouldn't tiny rocks in the paint not affect the chrome trim that the chrome delete kit covers?

My kit arrives tomorrow!

Is the clay bar kit necessary for the install? I'll actually be washing my car shortly before I install the kit...hoping that will make it clean enough.

Yes clay first or you’ll regret it.

Would there be a noticeable difference in installation difficulty without claying? The car is a tad over two months old, and wouldn't tiny rocks in the paint not affect the chrome trim that the chrome delete kit covers?

It’s not about difficulty, a surface that looks and feels clean will still result in a bumpy wrap with dirt under it if you don’t clay. Even a brand new car will need to be prepped.

Reactions: Lift and shiftkenny
I didn’t clay before and didn’t have any issues. I did a quick polish and re applied ceramic coat in the spring. I do keep my paint pretty meticulous and even though I’ve never clayed the trim it feels smooth as glass.

I think that’s the test whether you need to clay. If it feels smooth as glass you’re probably good to go. But if you feel deposits..clay first.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lift