Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kenriko Chrome Delete Kit: Show off your tips and pictures here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally had a few moments to put some on. Going to do it in 3 sessions I think. Did the driver side and door handles, saving the mirrors for last. It might be the cooler temps, just above 60 today, but, I had some stretching to do on all the pieces, 1/2-1 inch. Not a problem once I knew it was consistent based on length. I have a couple redos I will do after the winter, my first door handle has a small crease, the camera shows a flash of chrome when looking down on it, hard to stretch the T3 piece properly, have some over hang in the inside corner (I might start on the V corner next time), but, all in all, it went well. I am a professional "nitpicker", so don't that this as a negative. I am looking forward to seeing how this holds up to the elements here in MI this winter, then I will replace anything that doesn't pass muster in the spring. I really like the matrix black. Great kit Kenriko!

Attachments

• IMG_20190908_193241.jpg
    IMG_20190908_193241.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 188
hard to stretch the T3 piece properly, have some over hang in the inside corner (I might start on the V corner next time), but, all in all, it went well.

I found it easier to start with the V and posted that tip along with a pic on the first page;)
After you peel off the backing of the V end....cut a line in the backing so you could keep the backing on both ends of the V while you align and put down the vinyl. The inside corner of the V should be your starting point...then the only stretching you might need is to the top and bottom ends.

Last edited:
Finally had a few moments to put some on. Going to do it in 3 sessions I think. Did the driver side and door handles, saving the mirrors for last. It might be the cooler temps, just above 60 today, but, I had some stretching to do on all the pieces, 1/2-1 inch. Not a problem once I knew it was consistent based on length. I have a couple redos I will do after the winter, my first door handle has a small crease, the camera shows a flash of chrome when looking down on it, hard to stretch the T3 piece properly, have some over hang in the inside corner (I might start on the V corner next time), but, all in all, it went well. I am a professional "nitpicker", so don't that this as a negative. I am looking forward to seeing how this holds up to the elements here in MI this winter, then I will replace anything that doesn't pass muster in the spring. I really like the matrix black. Great kit Kenriko!

I'd love to have some 60 degree temps.. it's been 100+ here for far too long. (Texas!)

Matrix with that Blue is looking sharp!

I found it easier to start with the V and posted that tip along with a pic on the first page;)
After you peel off the backing of the V end....cut a line in the backing so you could keep the backing on both ends of the V while you align and put down the vinyl. The inside corner of the V should be your starting point...then the only stretching you might need is to the top and bottom ends.

Yes, I remembered your technique, but, I wanted to try it the way kenriko had in his tutorial. I will do the passenger side the way you mentioned. It is only noticeable to me, but that is enough, I will order a replacement pieces as needed, once done with the wrap, for next spring.

I did mine at a similar pace, only door trims today. I took my time and it took about 3.5 hours (sometimes I am really anal). It turned out to be very good. Great product! This is how the car should be shipped as, it now feels complete (barring the mirrors, but the door trim chrome is the major issue).
Screenshot_20190908-191206_Photos.jpg

A small tip, it is not a big deal if the pieces are stretched too long (at least for T1, T3, and T4), the flat end can be cut at the seam with the razor blade (carefully).

Was finally able to get some time (and decent weather temperatures) to do the kit this past weekend! Had some help from my sister because she loves doing stuff like this, so the time it took to do the wrap isn't what it would take one person to do alone...but it still did take quite a bit of time due to us being super particular. Some notes:

Side camera housings: probably the easiest to do along with the door trim. Both sides took about 25-30 mins in total. The hardest part is getting the front top corner to go around the compound curve without bunching up. I also ended up having a little too much material at the bottom because I pulled down too hard, but it ended up just trimming it off with a craft knife.

Door handles: also relatively easy, but man that back top corner is really difficult to stick down. All four handles took about an hour. The included golf ball was super helpful!

Door trim: doing the door trim was a nice break from trying to wrap around curves haha. Took about an hour total. Saw some similar things posted before, but if you end up having too much at the end it was really easy to cut and modify it so there wouldn't be a huge overlap when you fold the ends down. I actually didn't have too much difficulty doing the rear corner trim piece without starting from the corner itself, but I might have just been lucky with my placement :p

Mirrors: definitely the most difficult as I would have expected. Taking off the mirror housing was a little more nerve wracking than expected, didn't realize how much pressure/force was needed to pop it off (I felt like I was breaking it). In total the mirrors took four hours. I would say the most frustrating part was trying to slide the wrap back and forth in order to get it under the part of the mirror that pivots, mostly because I would get it about a half of an inch in and then it would stick so I couldn't keep sliding it further (the included spray bottle was a lifesaver to make the surface a tad slippery).

Overall I'm super pleased with how it turned out. Yeah there are a lot of places where I messed up and of course I'll notice it the most haha, but if you're not looking super closely it's quite clean and professional looking. 10/10 would buy again!

Out of curiosity @Kenriko , do you plan to sell a sticker/wrap for the frunk and trunk Tesla logos? It's the only chrome part not wrapped now ;)

bubbles.jpg

• Love
Reactions: SoCalMom
Out of curiosity @Kenriko , do you plan to sell a sticker/wrap for the frunk and trunk Tesla logos? It's the only chrome part not wrapped now ;)
I originally bought an aftermarket sticker for the logos to go with the chrome delete, but they looked terrible up close. I ripped them off and used plastidip with a glossifier top coat, and it came out as a perfect satin black match. The plastidip approach allows you to cover all of the chrome instead of just the top, and it's really easy to make it look good on small things like the logos.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lift
Product and Shipping Update:

We're currently running about 3 days behind schedule getting out the Matrix Black Chrome Delete orders this was due to a delay getting more wood in stock and engraved for the included bonus.

We're targeting end of the week timeframe to get the remaining Matrix Black orders from Batch 3 shipped.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've updated our offering for the Chrome Delete Kit.

We now offer Free Shipping in the US and international shipping has been reduced by $10 across the board. We've also switched to UPS from USPS for international orders which has allowed us to reduce the rates further.

Current Chrome Delete Shipping is as follows.

US: Free
Canada: $14
Australia: $44
Europe: $49

Canada rates improved the most with the switch to UPS.

New orders placed after 2:00 PM Central on 9/11/2019 won't be including the engraved wood bonus and the number of extra mirror spares has been reduced to one from two.

However, we do offer free replacements if you are not able to get it installed with the included wraps + spares.

It was clear that most people have been able to get the mirrors installed on their first attempt and 3 of each was overkill. This change has allowed us to absorb more shipping costs and we'll still send you extras if needed so it's a Win / Win.

2PM central is the cutoff if you want the engraved wood included for free.

I've been trying to stay away from using Tesla trademarks however it seems like every other Aftermarket company out there is selling these and Tesla does not seem to care. o_O

Oh yes, I think this is a must for you to do. They are everywhere and I doubt you would get in any trouble. It really completes the whole "chrome delete". This is what I have been waiting for. Also, do you have any pics of the satin or matrix with white? Have powder coated "tesla turbine grey" wheels in Satin and trying to figure out what to do here.

Oh yes, I think this is a must for you to do. They are everywhere and I doubt you would get in any trouble. It really completes the whole "chrome delete". This is what I have been waiting for. Also, do you have any pics of the satin or matrix with white? Have powder coated "tesla turbine grey" wheels in Satin and trying to figure out what to do here.

I have the same wheel color. Matrix + Satin Anthracite Grey (The Turbine Grey) looks great but i’ve not seen it on a white car.

Reactions: diggity
Ordered my kit today and can’t wait to install it! Couple of quick questions: is there a recommended clay bar that someone has bought on amazon and can recommend? Also, my wife’s hair dryer gets pretty hot and I used that on my center console to get out a few wrinkles so I assume that will be ok instead of a heat gun?