Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kevin Pollak's Chat Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is it, 45 minutes long? Really enjoyed it though, Elon seems like a real deal guy, not some stuff suited GM idiot. He reinforced his personal guarantee to repay the "reservation" money if Tesla should go under. He chose to bring up and address his divorce and some of the negative press about his prior marriage and his kids.

At the end Elon said it could help to write to your congressmen/women to encourage them to support the funding for the Model S and to expedite that process. I went ahead and hacked out a letter to each of my 3 congress people. I'll share it here in case any of you would like to send one and use it as a model.

The Honorable ************
Washington DC, 20***

Senator ************,

I would like to seek your support for Tesla Motors corporation (Tesla Motors ) in their effort to seek funding for their effort to build an electric sedan, the Model S (TESLA - Model S ), under the ATVM program ( Department of Energy - ATVM Loan Program ).

Tesla has a proven track record now with the successful production and still a waiting list for their Roadster vehicle. They are actively and progressively working toward an affordable mass produced electric vehicle, the Model S, being the next step in the process.

I am a supporter, as I’m sure you are, of energy independence for the United States and can see that EVs are the only logical means for us to eventually obtain and sustain energy independence. While I’m currently a Japanese Toyota Prius owner, I would much rather buy a superior vehicle made right here on US soil as the Tesla will be.

It is time for the auto industry to move forward and I believe it will take new energy from new and innovative companies in addition to the Big 3. I believe Tesla is much deserving of the funds they’ve requested and would greatly appreciate your support of them getting those funds. I’ve made a personal commitment by submitting a $5000.00 reservation for a car that I won’t see for at least 2 ½ years. I ask you only to encourage the release of funds that have already been authorized for use.

Thank you,

Evan E. Fusco, MD

Nice letter Evan.
While I’m currently a Japanese Toyota Prius owner, I would much rather buy a superior vehicle made right here on US soil as the Tesla will be.
I loved the buy American bit.

Not being from the States I took a different course of action. I just sent an
e-mail to the White House(Contact Us).
I had been thinking of doing that earlier to praise the new govt on the direction it is going with renewables, so I did that and finished with a request to give Telsa Motors the loan the have asked for.

It may not help, but I know for certain that doing nothing won't.:smile: