TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Key card problem

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Arizona Willie, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Arizona Willie

Yesterday we took my M3 through a touchless car wash. Not the first time it has been through there and probably totally unrelated.

Now it won't let my wife in using her card but it will let her drive using her card.

My card works fine. Lets me in and I can drive.

Any ideas / suggestions / jokes?

2. 640k

640k Member

delete the card and add it again?

3. Arizona Willie

==========
    Problem solved ( I think ).

Day before I had linked my card to my profile but hers wasn't linked.
    So after we linked it, it worked fine.

Apparently if no profile is linked all profiles will work. But once you link one profile they all need to be linked. Strangely it let her drive the car, just wouldn't let her in. I just gave her my card and mission was accomplished.

Now both profiles are linked and everything seems to be working fine.

• Helpful x 2
  4. 640k

640k Member

wait - if you don't have a driver profile linked to the card, it won't let you in?

5. Arizona Willie

=========
    When no profile was linked to a card, they both worked to get in and drive.

Once one profile was linked but the other wasn't it wouldn't let the unlinked profile in but, once in, it let that profile drive.

Kinda crazy.

But as soon as we linked her profile the problem went away.
    So there is no longer any problem.