Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Cards no longer work on B pillar, works behind the cup holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

I went to test my key cards today to unlock my M3. Nothing. I had to use my phone key app to unlock. the sensor behind the cup holder recognizes the cards because I'm able to drive. I tried deleting and re-installing the key cards which worked, but nothing on the b-pillar. Time for a service call? Has anyone had the pillar sensor replaced?

thanks,
Ed

Hi Folks,

I went to test my key cards today to unlock my M3. Nothing. I had to use my phone key app to unlock. the sensor behind the cup holder recognizes the cards because I'm able to drive. I tried deleting and re-installing the key cards which worked, but nothing on the b-pillar. Time for a service call? Has anyone had the pillar sensor replaced?

thanks,
Ed
Are you doing it on the driver's side pillar at the location where the manual says to do it?
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

Is the key card able to lock the door?

Yes, driver side pillar. No lock either. It allows me to start the car and drive. Maybe something happened to the sensor :(

How are you verifying that it allows you to start the car and drive? If you unlock the car with your phone key (because the keycard isnt working) you would have to sit there for at least a couple minutes to ensure its not the phone key starting the car.

the best way to test this I can think of would be to leave your car unlocked, make sure the phone key is no where around, and then open the unlocked door and try to use the keycard to drive. Perhaps thats what you did?

Hi Folks,

thanks,
Ed
Any updates? What did SC do to fix it? Having same issue