Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key cards showing up as "Unknown Keys"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My two key cards I got at delivery were already programmed in my car. For some reason, they're called "Unknown Keys" on the touchscreen. I don't think this is normal but they don't have a trashcan next to them to remove them and re-add them. They both work so it's not a big deal short of the labeling.

Ideas?

Reactions: emorog
Same here. I wish there was a way to quickly remove the cards from the vehicle just in case a card is lost or stolen. Right now it's not even possible to tell which card corresponds to which ID as far as I can tell.

When use either of the key cards or phone key it shows a timestamp on the corresponding key from the list. You can use that to differentiate them in the event you lose one etc.

I had this as an item on my first SC visit, here is the info from my RO:

upload_2018-9-7_9-12-52.png

So sounds like it will be fixed with a future software update...

Reactions: emorog
Unfortunately, renaming as above doesn't fix the issue of "Unknown Key" as the key type. This is how new key fobs and new key cards are being labeled. My original key cards are labeled as the "Key Card" type. Paired phones also show up correctly.

OK, I was just responding to requests of how to rename key cards. My key cards are also labaled as key card.

Reactions: remlemasi
Hmm. I've renamed my cards (I now have four for my car) and they seem to totally lose my custom names shortly after I assign a name. Two weeks after I started this, I have the original two cards named correctly, and the two new cards never seem to stay renamed.