Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: m2s2
Thanks, glad you like them!

The rest of the colors will be here by August 10, hopefully the 9th. There was a tropical storm that blew through southern China and Hong Kong, shutting down airports are causing a lot of disruption to shipping logistics. On reflection I probably over-share when I'm expecting product to arrive, as there's so many factors involved and I hate to delay any orders.

Question for all the X owners, do most of you use the sting lanyard that your keys came with, or would some of you prefer a FobPocket with a keyring? I'm considering a design more like the "Thong" that Tesla provides, where it's just a ring, no chain.

The rest of the colors will be here by August 10, hopefully the 9th. There was a tropical storm that blew through southern China and Hong Kong, shutting down airports are causing a lot of disruption to shipping logistics. On reflection I probably over-share when I'm expecting product to arrive, as there's so many factors involved and I hate to delay any orders.

Question for all the X owners, do most of you use the sting lanyard that your keys came with, or would some of you prefer a FobPocket with a keyring? I'm considering a design more like the "Thong" that Tesla provides, where it's just a ring, no chain.

I'd like the fobpocket with the little tab and keyring like you do for the S. With that said, I'll try the Tesla string lanyard once I get the fobpocket.

I personally like the string/ring that came with the fob. I think it looks simple and elegant. The thong could work, but I think I'd prefer to see the ring "powder-coated" the same color as the thong.

Mine didn't come with the keyrings but I would probably use them if I had them.

BTW our cases came the other day; they look great!

Last edited:
I like the "thong" because it's simple, gives a little protection and doesn't add a lot of bulk. I really like what you at AO have to offer. I too have purchased a few things from you and look forward to what's coming down the pipeline.

I left the thong thing on the X keys and use it to attach a bottle opener keychain that I have. The S version is also nice and may move to that if the thong thing breaks which it will eventually do. For my S fob, I removed the chain/ring and then attached my bottle opener key chain directly to the keychain portion of the fob cover otherwise it would have been too long.

Received my X fobpocket today. Looks and feels great. A little tricky to put on and take off (after realizing the lanyard can only be attached with the battery compartment open), but I think it works great with the stock lanyard. Well done Pete!

image.jpeg