TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Key Fob Cover (aka FobPocket) - How To Order

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by pete8314, Jul 17, 2013.

1. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

2. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Since a few people have asked via PM over the past couple of months, this is just a quick update that I finally have all of the Classic designs back in stock, together with a few new colors.

3. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Today we received a letter from Tesla requesting we remove all Tesla-branded products from our website :( I guess we expected this would eventually happen, and we are still trying to engage with Tesla, but in the meantime, we will, of course, respect their wishes. Therefore, on Feb 8 at 6pm (CST), all of the logo'd products will be hidden from the site until such time we can work something out. There are other designs in the pipeline, so the FobPockets will be available again in the future, but we need to complete the design cycle, so it will be at least a few weeks. Between now and then, all logo'd products are 30% off with coupon code "takedown".

4. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

An excellent product Pete. While we all knew using the logo might some day cause problems it is too bad that this day has come. Hope you can work something out. Al

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Thanks for stepping in while Tesla took their time to offer a way to carry their own key fob.

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

+ 1

7. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

Pete, just ordered two Sig Red deluxe pockets. Thanks for offering these; I didn't spot this thread in all these months. All the best; hope you can work things out with Tesla.

8. Eggplant

Eggplant Member

Too bad. My local SC gave me one of the tesla branded ones. They are not nearly as nice as your deluxe one, or even the classics. No stitched edges, tapering, or tweaks to the hole. They just have the funny little tesla tag stitched on one side like the t-shirts.

9. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

Ah. Well that's that. Glad I got one before they pulled the plug. :(

10. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Thanks Al. We'll get something worked out, one way or another.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, it's not over, there's lots of options if I can't get Tesla to engage with me.

11. GDH

GDH Banned

Tesla gave me 5 of them when I got my car in Nov, they had a huge box of them. I am sure they have had them since at least July of last year so I am not sure what you mean by "took their time" :confused:

12. Eggplant

Eggplant Member

My local SC just got them recently. But they were complaining that corporate took a long time to get them any.

13. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Some of us took delivery in the prior year as early as August/September. (Mine was in November.) So over half a year qualifies as "taking their time" I think.

14. itsnotarumor

itsnotarumor New Member

Thanks for making something so practical and clever. I will welcome a new color without the Tesla logo, b/c yours are better made. Got my pink one a couple weeks ago. Going to take advantage of the 30% off and get an orange one, but I'll be waiting to see what you come up with next. The logo is nice, but not necessary! Good luck.

15. chickensevil

chickensevil Active Member

at at the very least they waited until well after they offered their own product to tell you to stop. In fairness you are using their TM without permission. Maybe if you are really lucky they will buy your designs off of you and use that instead!

16. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Maybe, we'll see ;-)

The last few days have been manic, the order volume has been around 10x the norm, and there's been a lot of really nice feedback, so that's to everyone for the support.

17. gg_got_a_tesla

Pete, this is great stuff; excellent design and quality. Thanks for the prompt service. All the best to you!

udavepyb.jpg

18. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

The new ones are much improved over the first version. Nice work. Hope they work with you on this.

19. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

GG... No green one?

20. gg_got_a_tesla

Thought about it but, wanted some contrast. As you can tell from another of my mods recently, am liking this whole Christmassy Green-with-Red combo :) My wife found the Sig Red classy too.