Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key fob died...in three months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My key fob died already. Only lasted three months. Fob was not near the car when not in use. Wish I got a warning. Came to my car after work and no response. I tried the key spot near the door and falcon wing and no response. Ended up opening the car with my phone. But when I got home I got out of the car and left my phone in the car. The car locked me out so I was lucky that I had my spare at home. Sigh.

The battery drained completely. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I just bought a few new batteries and as soon as I put it in. 10 min later I got a warning that the battery was low. Took the car to service center near by and they replaced the battery. They told me it was probably a bad battery which I could understand but strange since my fob killed my other key fob battery. Well I drove home and an hour later I approached the car and same story. The one that the service center replaced is dead now too. No response. The other fob seems to be ok at the moment. Will have to take in the other key fob to get to the bottom of it.

Of note, now my location is incorrect. Car is stuck on the map at home even though I'm at the airport now. Sigh.

Anyone else having an issue with their key fob?