TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Key fob found in Riddle Oregon...

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Krash, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Krash

Krash Member

I have a friend that found a Tesla key fob in Riddle, Oregon. Let me know if you lost one there.

• Like x 1
  2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

As you know a new fob has to be programmed by the Service Center and they must pair both back to the car, I recommend you contact your nearest Service Center(s) and let them know you found one. Then - when someone comes in to buy a new one, the SC folks can refer that owner to you. Then if it works on that person's car, you and the owner will know its for that car. You will have the satisfaction of saving someone $140+ . Good work there.

3. Xenius

Xenius Member

You're a good person, hopefully you connect with the owner.

4. Krash

Krash Member

Well if is an X key a service advisor can use the Bluetooth LE address to lookup the owner, but yeah if it is an S key no such luck. That is a good idea to let Portland service center know. I left them my number and asked them to call me if someone comes in needing a key fob. Besides the hassle, the S keys are currently on backorder there.

5. Krash

Krash Member

Yeah, plus I need some good karma to get my battery uncorked. Grin.