Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Fob In Stock Jan 15 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got one as the wife doesn't like the fact that her phone-key doesn't work 100% of the time. Also not having to open the slow app to pop the frunk will be nice when I have bags in my hands. Also admittedly I want everything for my Model 3 so it's "complete" in a weird way.

Reactions: Jaywlker
What happened to the free ones that Elon promised current owners?

Neither Elon or Tesla ever said a thing about offering the FOBs free (or even discounted) to anyone.

Did he actually promise this or was this just something reported in some blogs that quoted "reliable sources"?

Exactly, this was ”reported” by one of the EV enthusiast websites claiming to have heard it from “sources” and many took it as an official announcement from Tesla.

Neither Elon or Tesla ever said a thing about offering the FOBs free (or even discounted) to anyone.

Exactly, this was ”reported” by one of the EV enthusiast websites claiming to have heard it from “sources” and many took it as an official announcement from Tesla.
But my brother-in-laws cousins masseuses pool boy said it was true!

he never promised anything.
Sounds like Tesla did but backtracked. Doubt the website would have made this up out of thin air. The post would have been retracted or deleted if Tesla never mentioned this. Ultimately, it’s not a big deal as my phone works fine and no proximity fob stinks.

***UPDATE: Tesla had initially told us this key fob would be free to existing owners upon request and provided to new owners with purchase of the car at no charge. It now appears that may not be the case. ”

Tesla Model 3 Key Fob Free To Current Owners, Included For New

Reactions: Jaywlker