Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Fob Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a BMW X5 with a remote key and an iPhone and the Tesla key. I put the BMW in one pants pocket, the Tesla in another and the iPhone in a belt holster. Never have a problem - As soon as I put the phone in my Tesla pocket or the BMW in that same pocket the handles don't work.

They just cannot be in the same pocket. A few inches of separation will probably be o.k.

Good Luck

Had the X a week and yesterday one of the fobs stopped working. I switched the battery from the good one to it and still want work. Any suggestions?

If the "good one" still works and nothing else has changed, you could assume that the "bad" fob is the problem. I would imagine that the service center in Decatur would give you a new one. Give Gabriel or Ken a call there and I bet they will help you. If Marietta is closer, of course you could go there.

Good luck.

Reactions: Scoopup
If the "good one" still works and nothing else has changed, you could assume that the "bad" fob is the problem. I would imagine that the service center in Decatur would give you a new one. Give Gabriel or Ken a call there and I bet they will help you. If Marietta is closer, of course you could go there.

Good luck.

Yes the one works fine. I will give them a call. Thanks,

Strange twist to this old thread.. my walk-up feature has slowly been disappearing, neither fob works anymore. The car's receiver must be the culprit ? It was interesting to see it slowly degrade over time, as if the fob battery was to blame but a battery change doesn't improve it.