TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Key Fob Low Battery Alert Won't Reset

Discussion in 'Model S' started by GinoG, Nov 4, 2014.

1. GinoG

GinoG Member

I recently got an alert that the battery in the key fob was low and needed changing. I tried the 2nd key fob and got the same message, so I changed out the battery, still getting the same alert. I tried rebooting, but the alert is still there. I have not called the SC and have been using the key fob with the new battery and all is good....for now. Does anyone know how to reset the alert? My wife is a little skittish about driving with the low battery message on the screen.

2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Mine is doing the same thing. Even with a new battery. Might be RF interference from the phone or something els.

3. zwede

zwede 2013 P85+

I remember mine was a little funky with the low bat warning also. I think I had to show the car both keys after I replaced the batteries until the car would accept that they were fine. Meaning that after I got the low bat, using the second fob with a good bat wouldn't clear the alarm. I had to also show the car the first fob (with new bat) before it cleared.

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

When in doubt reboot the touchscreen. That often works.