Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key fob or anything else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.

I´ve got a ms 2013. The car is no longer unlocking when I get close with the key fob. If I touch the door handle on the driver side, it will not unlock (or the back doors on any side), but if I touch the door handle on the left side it unlocks. Same with the trunk. It aslo unlocks normally if I click on the key fob. All the door handles comes out and works fine. Is it the key fob or can it be something else? I´ve tried to change the battery.
The problem started to occur after Tesla replaced the 12V battery, and the software was updated (not v10, but the sw before v10)

I only have one key fob, so I can´t test it with another fob...

If it works on the passenger side and when you click, I don’t think it is the fob.

If I remember right, the car uses a pair of receivers to determine the key’s location near the car - if so, this sounds like a problem with the driver’s side receiver.

If it works on the passenger side and when you click, I don’t think it is the fob.

If I remember right, the car uses a pair of receivers to determine the key’s location near the car - if so, this sounds like a problem with the driver’s side receiver.

Do you know where these receivers are located?
But it´s only the passangers front door that works, not the back door at the same side.

Tha
Open the door and the little plastic you will see vertical at the dash holds these receivers.

I had one of the connectors disconnect a few weeks ago.
Thanks. Is it this?
Skjermbilde%202019-10-15%20kl.%2018.00.10.png

The connection was disconnected. It works fine again now. Do Tesla Service unplug this when they change the 12v battery?

There where two connectors.. What is the other one for?
As far as I know they don’t touch that. Maybe they removed the panel as the other connector is a diagnostics connector which Tesla uses.

So it could be they by accident disconnected that receiver