Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Fob solutions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone got a solution for a hard case for the keyfob? My wife has a tendency to accidentally press buttons on it while it's in her pocket and she's getting in or out of the car. I've had at least one phantom charge port opening I attribute to this, and it used to happen frequently with my old car. What I'd like is a nice, small, rigid case that prevents one from accidentally pressing the buttons, but it still fits in the pocket.

Anyone else have this problem and solve it?

I picked this up last year.

Fob-with-Key-Inside.jpg

I really like the rustic leather version. I have the earlier um, city version ;-)
Bothers me though that the car drawing is reversed from the way the fob best goes into the pocket.

Truth be told though, even though the car shape fob is kinda cool, the whole fob concept is a little annoying if it means the fobs are that large. I'd love to see the fob be much smaller, like stick of trident small, and flat as a credit card. I'd gladly lose the car likeness for that. Be happy for it to be securely put on a personal device too, like a watch or tied to phone, so long as it is implemented to use local networking, whether rfid, NFC, whatever - no dependency on a cell network, etc.

Silicone Fob cover by Abstract Ocean is amazing.....I have the black with red trim...love the feel of it.
I got one of those today, in orange. Fits very well, looks to be indestructible. I had one of the Tesla black neoprene fob covers but it stretched and the fit was so loose that the fob fell out. Fortunately it fell out onto the floor of my Roadster and I found it (I keep the fob on the same key ring as my Roadster key).

Reactions: pete8314
Porsche does a range of key bands with a quick release clip. They fit the Tesla key very nicely. You just need to undo the internal retention bolt in the clip, thread the Nylon woven band through the key and put it all back together. The Nylon band is slightly too wide, but once t's back together it's a very nice fit.
IMG_0510.jpg