Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key FOB tricks and Uses

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can understand removing the window auto-open due to an unfortunate rain incident, but why take out an auto-close?!? Very handy for closing windows when we realize our passengers forgot to close them after everyone's already out of the car.

I can understand removing the window auto-open due to an unfortunate rain incident, but why take out an auto-close?!? Very handy for closing windows when we realize our passengers forgot to close them after everyone's already out of the car.

I concur. In another thread, I said that even auto-open would make sense if it was harder to activate. For instance, press once (to lock doors) and then press-and-hold. Or something to that effect. But even then, auto-close is something that should have always remained.

That's what I don't understand as well. They could have come up with a certain click combination to activate the window up and down feature so it can't be triggered accidentally.

Incidentally the way Mercedes has implemented this feature is that the window up and down feature only works via an IR signal so the door handle needs to be in line of sight for it to work.

I ordered mine in July of 2013, and obsessed over the manual. I never saw anything referring to using the FOB to close the windows.
Mine was shipped with v5.0 before OTA updates were sent out. My FOB opened the windows then, but I never found any way to close them with the FOB which was (and is) disappointing.