Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key FOB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're probably auto locking the car instead of using the fob meaning the fob is not paired. Follow this guide (model x is very similar) to pair your fob: Model 3 Key Fob

"How do I pair my Key Fob?"
thanks i will do...have one more very serious question...before my anxiety over this gets out of hand...how can i for SURE tell if my MX is a RAVEN??
and thanx for the advise on the key fob
the info about the key fob you suggested is about model3..i have a MX...is this still applicable?

thanks i will do...have one more very serious question...before my anxiety over this gets out of hand...how can i for SURE tell if my MX is a RAVEN??
and thanx for the advise on the key fob
Check the production date of your car by looking on the sticker inside the driver side door.

Also you can check if you have adaptive suspension damping option.

“ADAPTIVE SUSPENSION DAMPING: Choose from STANDARD or SPORT to adjust the feel of the suspension system. STANDARD provides a softer and more fluid ride whereas SPORT provides a firmer, more controlled ride that increases driver engagement and connection to the road.”

First look at Tesla's new Raven Model S/X adaptive suspension - Electrek

Check the production date of your car by looking on the sticker inside the driver side door.

Also you can check if you have adaptive suspension damping option.

“ADAPTIVE SUSPENSION DAMPING: Choose from STANDARD or SPORT to adjust the feel of the suspension system. STANDARD provides a softer and more fluid ride whereas SPORT provides a firmer, more controlled ride that increases driver engagement and connection to the road.”

First look at Tesla's new Raven Model S/X adaptive suspension - Electrek
OK!! Thank you !! i just went into the car...system says adaptive suspension....stnd/sport
so, i guess i was anxting for no reason!! what production date does one look for tho?
Car is operating on 2019. 16.5 i think ..when should i panic about not receiving an upgrade to .32?
i'm full of ?'s sorry!!

OK!! Thank you !! i just went into the car...system says adaptive suspension....stnd/sport
so, i guess i was anxting for no reason!! what production date does one look for tho?
Car is operating on 2019. 16.5 i think ..when should i panic about not receiving an upgrade to .32?
i'm full of ?'s sorry!!

Panicking is definitely not necessary. :) Updates will come fast sometimes and slow other times. I'm currently a bit behind on updates, but I know one will come soon. Patience is key.

Sometimes I've found my X not "seeing" my key depending on what else I have in my pocket, etc. If I just jostle it around, it finds it right away. Is this key thing happening every time or sporadically? Where is the key when it's happening?

Panicking is definitely not necessary. :) Updates will come fast sometimes and slow other times. I'm currently a bit behind on updates, but I know one will come soon. Patience is key.

Sometimes I've found my X not "seeing" my key depending on what else I have in my pocket, etc. If I just jostle it around, it finds it right away. Is this key thing happening every time or sporadically? Where is the key when it's happening?
Funny, i just got the notice of the update 15' ago..doing it now..
the key is usually in my hand..the one that is acting up has a "tile" connected to it...thinks it's not playing nicely with the Tile??

i'm thinking it won't self present the driver door if the car is locked?!

i'm full of ?'s sorry!!

Just remember that updates will not download unless you are in wifi.

Reactions: jerseygirl18
i'm thinking it won't self present the driver door if the car is locked?!
While you resolution is posted just above my response here, to answer the question I'm replying to, there is an option called "Passive Entry" in the Security section. If that setting is OFF, the driver door will not open while the car is locked. If that setting is on, it will, because the fob being close will unlock the car. If you disable passive entry, you only have a limited time to start the car after unlocking it before you have to unlock again to be able to start it even though the fob is in the car, but it tries to tell you this in the IC.

Probably a good idea to put that fob in a faraday pouch while in the house. Don't want someone to just open the door and drive off without you knowing.
The fob has to be in the vehicle for it to be driven, and both fobs would have to be isolated or passive entry would have to be disabled for any feasible repeater attacks to be prevented. However, isolating the fob from the vehicle one way or another (distance may be fine vs a faraday pouch) while the fob is in the house is still a good idea if solely for fob battery life and/or vehicle energy saving sleep patterns.