Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key functions and services not available / New strange Errors occure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since one of the new software releases (2022.12.3.2 / 2022.12.3.1 / 2022.12.3) I have the following error messages again and again and certain functions are out of order although extremely fair and beautiful/good weather conditions prevail:
  • Cruise control not available | DI_a175
  • Steering assistant temporarily unavailable | APP_w207
  • Autopilot functions limited/restricted | APP_w269
  • Driving visualization temporarily reduced | UI_a114
displayed and essential functions could not be used. In some cases, even the "cruise control" no longer works.

Is this problem known within the community and does anyone have experience finding a solution. Thank you very much for your feedback.
Greetings
Greg

• Reboot the car; two thumbs on the scroll wheels
  • Inspect / clean front camera glass, front fender camera lenses, B-pillar camera glass and rear view camera lens.
  • Temporarily remove all USB devices; unmount (stop) Dashcam system and remove drive, remove USB music drive, etc.
  • Launch camera viewer and verify that you are getting good images from all 4 views (front, sides, rear)
  • Go out and drive and see if your driving visualizations returns to normal and Autopilot functions
If no obvious problems seen with dirty windows/lenses and camera views look good while driving, then you may have some hardware issue that requires service. I had a problem with Autopilot several weeks back and it was caused by a dirty windshield in front of the camera (viz not working and Autopilot would not engage). I suggest pulling all of the USB devices from the car since it is, after all, a computer on wheels. I've seen strange problems with laptops that are caused by peripherals attached to the system. May not make any difference in your case but it can't hurt to try.