Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Model X VIN Numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a new Model S in 2017 (AP2.5) and quickly realized that I also wanted to get a Model X for my wife to drive. After much thinking, I am now leaning toward getting a CPO Model X since they are now widely available with the original lease deals ending. We will likely get a 6 seat configuration, and we will likely get AP1 hardware.

I seem to recall that the original falcon wing doors had maintenance issues that have subsequently been resolved. I also know that, in general, higher VINs for either Model S/X/3 are going to have a little better fit and finish and few maintenance issues since Tesla continually improves their manufacturing process and vehicle components.

My question is, are there key VIN thresholds in which there were substantial improvements in the falcon wing doors (or other components) that are important to note? In other words, did Tesla make significant improvement in the doors past a certain VIN?