TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Key Not Inside Car :(

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by SabrToothSqrl, Jun 16, 2016.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Random 'Key not inside car' while driving... about 1-2 a month for last few months, always goes away after a bit.
    Yesterday, and today, it's on all the time...
    New battery in Fob, tried other Fob, same deal.
    Emailed service center :(

There goes my 6 month streak of not having to call the service center...

2. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

What else is in your pocket? I've found that having my i3 fob in my pocket will cause the Tesla to not present the door handles.

May not be your problem, but something to consider.

3. SabrToothSqrl

Other than the standard 'equipment'... nothing. The key's often laying in the center console as well. Same issue. Nothing but the Tesla fob and a house key and chap stick on the key chain...

4. 0exhausts

0exhausts Member

Keep key fob away from your cell phone. If I have mine in same pocket, I have this issue.

• Like x 1
  5. SabrToothSqrl

That's interesting... I never thought of cell phone. It goes in for service on the 1st. Hopefully I'll get an AP loaner for the long weekend... and hopefully they fix/replace something. It's a total of 8 hours of driving for me to visit a ServCent.