TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Key recognition in new vs old cars...

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by patn, Oct 15, 2015.

1. patn

patn Member

I have a 2013 car that I love dearly but one thing that's always been a little disappointing is that the key fobs are not recognized to set the user settings (e.g. seat position). I'm pretty sure this was originally listed as a feature for the car but then removed at some point (wasn't it?) I had held out hope for a while that this was coming in a software update but, I guess it's a hardware limitation.

Anyway - I was wondering if any of the newest cars have this?

Pat

2. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

Nope. That feature was memory-holed with a few others.

3. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Was that a feature advertised/discussed by Tesla at one time? I remember forum members saying it would be nice to have but not Tesla indicating it would be included.

4. patn

patn Member

I was reminded of it because the Model X has that sophisticated fob that "triangulates your position" for the valet door opener thing... I figure if it can do that it must be able to tell the difference between the fobs :)

5. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

It was on the original specs page a loooong time ago (like 2012).

6. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

When I got my car end of 2013 the sales person at the retail center said it was "coming" via software update in the future. Which in tesla time means on a future car.