Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key recognition in new vs old cars...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 car that I love dearly but one thing that's always been a little disappointing is that the key fobs are not recognized to set the user settings (e.g. seat position). I'm pretty sure this was originally listed as a feature for the car but then removed at some point (wasn't it?) I had held out hope for a while that this was coming in a software update but, I guess it's a hardware limitation.

Anyway - I was wondering if any of the newest cars have this?

Pat

I have a 2013 car that I love dearly but one thing that's always been a little disappointing is that the key fobs are not recognized to set the user settings (e.g. seat position). I'm pretty sure this was originally listed as a feature for the car but then removed at some point (wasn't it?) I had held out hope for a while that this was coming in a software update but, I guess it's a hardware limitation.

Anyway - I was wondering if any of the newest cars have this?

Pat

Nope. That feature was memory-holed with a few others.

I was reminded of it because the Model X has that sophisticated fob that "triangulates your position" for the valet door opener thing... I figure if it can do that it must be able to tell the difference between the fobs :)