Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key safety feature removed from doors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is scaring me slightly. I have 3 young children and it seems inevitable that one of them will put their hand in the 'closing zone' at some point. Look at what happens to the cucumber near the end of the video linked in the article. Why would Tesla do this without even warning its customers?

Tesla Falcon Wing Software Update Disables Vital Safety Function [w/Video]

Yeah, seems strange Tesla wouldn't at least warn people about the removal of a safety feature

I am unsure if it is completely gone. Also, a cucumber is nowhere near similar to a human being. If you put a cucumber in the door of my old Honda Accord and shut the door, it'll sever it in one shot. Amazingly, my hand survived when I did it by accident. Skin and muscle are softer than cucumber. Bone is harder than cucumber. Unfortunately, this guy tends to sensationalize anything he deems out of the ordinary or does not understand. You should see his videos on how awful the supercharger locations are because they all aren't right next to a bathroom or a restaurant. Which, by the way, was never a guarantee when we were told they were being built. He speaks about how he sat in fear for his life that criminals would come and kill him and his family while they charged at night. Don't get me started on his "scientific experiments". He has a creative eye for looking at things other youtubers haven't. Which is great and I like. He is not so good with introducing his opinions or passing off stunts as "science". And unfortunately, a lot of people believe whatever he says or demonstrates as fact without questioning it.