Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keys not being recognised

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Raven Model X

Key fob stopped working. I reached for the spare. Not working either.

Odd to have two batteries go at once, especially when I changed one recently.

So I ordered two batteries and none of them working.

EVen putting key in the recognition bit in cup holder or by 12volt inside doesn't work.

Luckily I have the app, but it's a real pain.

I booked a service but they only have M-F mornings and I have no time, (frontline NHS), especially not mornings!

If anyone has any experience or clever ideas to save me time that I don't have driving to London just to get someone to have a look, it'd be much appreciated!

How about having Tesla coming to you (home or work)? That is what they would do here in .us, not sure about .uk. Tesla can always access your car, even if you are not present. Just make sure you leave both key fobs inside the car.

How about having Tesla coming to you (home or work)? That is what they would do here in .us, not sure about .uk. Tesla can always access your car, even if you are not present. Just make sure you leave both key fobs inside the car.

What a fantastic idea! I called the service line who said to send a text asking for a mobile service, in reply to the confirmation text they sent me. I hope this works!

In the meantime if there's anything anyone can suggest to save Tesla or me a journey that'd be great.