TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Keystone XL pipeline perhaps not built after all?

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by voyager, Jul 29, 2017.

1. voyager

voyager Member

The company that obtained a permit to build the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline might decide not to build it. A TransCanada Corp. executive told investors Friday that it is still assessing interest in Keystone among the oil companies that would pay to use the Canada-to-Texas line, as well as seeking remaining regulatory approvals, and it will likely decide in November or December whether to build.

Developer might not build Keystone XL pipeline

2. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

And this is how it should be.

Not shutting down a pipeline due to protests, etc.

But making it irrelevant by reducing demand entirely.

• Like x 5
  3. voyager

voyager Member

Plus, getting tar sands oil from Canada will directly compete with American shale oil winning.
    That's from an oil industry perspective.

4. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

Pretty sure EVERYONE agrees with that... protests are a PITA, but morally obligatory of someone is foolish enough to think investment on more fools fuel infrastructure is ok. I would have much preferred DAPL had died on paper before protests were necessary :(

5. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

I disagree. Most protesters are idiots that cannot quote what they are there for when you ask them (case in point, look at all the environmental damage that the Keystone protesters did to the surrounding area there PHOTOS: Mountains of trash left by 'environmentalists' after pipeline protest - The American Mirror).

People that decide to "yell" about something generally indicates that they don't have the mental capacity to come up with a "better plan".

My better plan was:
    Solar --> 2 Model S's --> Powerwalls

Now the oil/gas and utility companies can kiss my a$$.

• Disagree x 1
  6. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

Successful wars are fought on multiple fronts...

• Like x 1
  7. b team

b team Member

Haha. Someone's a little touchy.