Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kia EV6 GT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The CCS cables are harder to manage for multiple reasons:
  • The cables are thicker (dunno why. Don't think amperage is higher)
  • The thicker cable also makes the inherent "twist" as you move the cable from it's original mount to the car more relevant. It's never naturally vertically aligned by the time you move it over to the car, so you have to twist it back to correct alignment, and the cables are thick...
  • The connector is larger, and not "eased", so you have to keep it basically perfectly aligned for around 1" of travel to plug in.
They're not that heavy. The "twist" part of my 2nd bullet is the main reason it's frequently a two-handed operation. A different handle design could help, but mostly different angles of the cable so it's more vertical at the expected car location...

did you enjoy the circus like purchasing experience? that is what I was mostly referring to
Actually was one of easiest car buying processes ever had. Had a hard-working 'single-mom' , and did not even negotiate as they gave us what I thought was a fair trade-in-value on our Honda CRV. Made me think, that there should be a lot more women car sales people.