Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kia EV6

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
Driven the Ioniq 5. Sat in the EV6. Both are definitely SUVs (or crossovers or whatever daft name being used this month - CUV!). Both have elevated driving positions and ride height.

They’re cars and they’re electric. That’s pretty much all they have in common with the 3.

The Hyundai Ioniq (original) is a great Model 3 alternative, although it regularly gets ignored. We own one. It’s great.
I moved from an Ioniq Electric to the Model 3. It was a great car. Lane keep was a bit iffy and I rarely used it. Every other feature was superb.
It was only ever let down by range. The heater and air con made a big dent. In winter, the 122 mile range was easily whittled down to under a hundred miles. The final straw for me was a 70 mile round trip on a particularly cold day with the heater on the whole time. I arrived home with 12 miles left out of 121. I never had a single issue other than that.

Reactions: page3

page3

Aug 4, 2021
The Chilterns, UK
I moved from an Ioniq Electric to the Model 3. It was a great car. Lane keep was a bit iffy and I rarely used it. Every other feature was superb.
It was only ever let down by range. The heater and air con made a big dent. In winter, the 122 mile range was easily whittled down to under a hundred miles. The final straw for me was a 70 mile round trip on a particularly cold day with the heater on the whole time. I arrived home with 12 miles left out of 121. I never had a single issue other than that.
We have the 38kwh version and find range between 170 and 190 miles. Unlike the Leaf we had before it, it seems to cope with weather/motorway speeds well. I've never understood why it gets ignored so often.

Reactions: Cantonalegod

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC