Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kicked off supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C

candida

Hi, anyone else experienced this? Three times today - twice at Wokingham in quick succession and once at Cardiff - charging stopped. At Wokingham I’d started at about 17%, it stopped at about 30%, I replugged once, it stopped after about a minute, replugged again then fine until 70% when I tootled off. Cardiff I’d started at 20% and it stopped at 50%. I was happy to leave as can top up the rest on my Octopus window.
Before anyone asks the “was there petrol in it?/had you plugged it in?” question, I hadn’t stopped charge on the app or screen. In fact the first time I was simply walking around and heard the clunk which is how I realised it’d stopped
Any bright ideas?? Could be a real pain in the anus if you’re not around to see it happen
Thanks in advance

Have you got a payment method set up in the app? Only ask because I got banned from super chargers because I hadn't paid I didn't realise I had to set up a card on the app and thought it just charged the card I'd bought accessories with. All sorted now but might be worth you checking

Reactions: candida
Have you got a payment method set up in the app? Only ask because I got banned from super chargers because I hadn't paid I didn't realise I had to set up a card on the app and thought it just charged the card I'd bought accessories with. All sorted now but might be worth you checking
Yup. For years now and the cards working. It charged me after Cardiff.

I did experience similar at Lifton SC last year.
Mobile connectivity was poor there, but each time my phone got service I’d get a ‘charging stopped‘ message.
Ended up re-starting charging a number of times and plugging in and out. I think I may have moved stalls too. Got sufficient charge in the end.

Anyway, problem never returned and I was glad I didn’t spend time and effort changing settings and APIs etc for something that could have been as simple and transient as dirty contacts on the charger socket.

Reactions: candida