Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kid's Booster Seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a ton of trouble finding a booster seat that worked well in the model 3. Lots of them fit, but it was easy for them to slide over the recessed buckle in the seat. Then my daughter (6) wasn't able to buckle herself in, and I'd have to shift the seat. (Which probably wouldn't do great things for my interior long term.)

After much research and trying several alternatives, I'm really happy with the Diono Everett NXT.

It has a rigid latch system that keeps the seat from moving, and a very narrow base, which makes it easy for my daughter to buckle up. It is top safety rated, has highly adjustable side impact protection, keeps the seatbelt very accessible, and does a good job of keeping her comfortable when napping.

(If your booster doesn't have latch, you should make sure that it is buckled in when not in use. Otherwise, it could fly through the car in an emergency situation.)

On the downside, it isn't cheap for a booster. It doesn't have any kind of cup holder, etc. built in. And it doesn't convert to a backless booster.

Everett NXT - diono® United States of America

"Suitable for children who weigh between 40 and 120 lbs (18.1 – 50kg) and whose height is between 38 to 63 inches (96.5 cm – 160cm) or approx. 4 – 12 years." (Note that your child must be able to sit with the belt at the appropriate location on their waist, and not move around / escape from the belt. You'll need a 5-point harness until then.)

I have no relationship to the company other than being a happy customer.

IMG_0679[1].JPG IMG_0678[1].JPG

I had a ton of trouble finding a booster seat that worked well in the model 3. Lots of them fit, but it was easy for them to slide over the recessed buckle in the seat. Then my daughter (6) wasn't able to buckle herself in, and I'd have to shift the seat. (Which probably wouldn't do great things for my interior long term.)

After much research and trying several alternatives, I'm really happy with the Diono Everett NXT.

It has a rigid latch system that keeps the seat from moving, and a very narrow base, which makes it easy for my daughter to buckle up. It is top safety rated, has highly adjustable side impact protection, keeps the seatbelt very accessible, and does a good job of keeping her comfortable when napping.

(If your booster doesn't have latch, you should make sure that it is buckled in when not in use. Otherwise, it could fly through the car in an emergency situation.)

On the downside, it isn't cheap for a booster. It doesn't have any kind of cup holder, etc. built in. And it doesn't convert to a backless booster.

Everett NXT - diono® United States of America

"Suitable for children who weigh between 40 and 120 lbs (18.1 – 50kg) and whose height is between 38 to 63 inches (96.5 cm – 160cm) or approx. 4 – 12 years." (Note that your child must be able to sit with the belt at the appropriate location on their waist, and not move around / escape from the belt. You'll need a 5-point harness until then.)

I have no relationship to the company other than being a happy customer.

View attachment 498704 View attachment 498705
Just wanted to thank you for posting this. I just picked up a model Y and need to buy a more narrow booster seat and this is showing me exactly what I wanted to see. I’m literally buying this seat now because of your post.
Thank you!!!

Just wanted to thank you for posting this. I just picked up a model Y and need to buy a more narrow booster seat and this is showing me exactly what I wanted to see. I’m literally buying this seat now because of your post.
Thank you!!!
How did the Diono Everett NXT work out for you? I am looking for a high back booster for my model Y, and came across your post. Thanks!

How did the Diono Everett NXT work out for you? I am looking for a high back booster for my model Y, and came across your post. Thanks!
GREAT. I love the fact that the rigid latches lock the seat in place so it doesn't move around. It's super easy to install and remove as well.

The only downsides to the seat... while the bottom is more narrow, the back is still pretty wide, so putting my kids 3 across in the 2nd row is still too tight. I don't think you're going to get that with any backed booster.

I'm probably another 6 months away from a backless booster, but in the meantime I'm really happy with this seat.

We just got a Diono Everett NXT (in red), but on balance I prefer our Maxi-Cosi Kore i-Size (in grey; more expensive but more compact).

This is down to size - they're both nice and compact at the (optional) ISO fix base, but the cushions are wider (bad for three in the back) and the headrest too bulk if you wanted to use it in the front of the model 3 (possible with the Maxi-Cosi Kore i-Size at its lowest high setting)

front-to-front.jpg
back-to-back.jpg

See also this thread on the MaxiCosi Kore.

Last edited:
We just got a Diono Everett NXT (in red), but on balance I prefer our Maxi-Cosi Kore i-Size (in grey; more expensive but more compact).

This is down to size - they're both nice and compact at the (optional) ISO fix base, but the cushions are wider (bad for three in the back) and the headrest too bulk if you wanted to use it in the front of the model 3 (possible with the Maxi-Cosi Kore i-Size at its lowest high setting)

View attachment 673337 View attachment 673336

See also this thread on the MaxiCosi Kore.
Did you notice with the Diono Everett NXT that the seat belt warning indicator never lights up with a child in the seat when its anchored to the ISOFIX anchors? I tested it when it was unanchored and the warning shows up like I'd expect if my daughter wasn't buckled. Curious if you see the same.

I've always used the ISOFIX with these in the back seat, and primarily the Maxi-Cosi Kore i-Size (the Diono Everett NXT is in our other car). You may be right about no seat belt warning - child has often said "Wait! I'm still doing my seatbelt" without the car complaining. I'd guess the ISOFIX take some of the weight and thus weight-sensor in the seat does not trigger?