Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kingman to Flagstaff AZ Trip Question...does MS75D have range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owner, MS75D. Using Go Anywhere Tesla, A Better Routeplanner and EV Trip Planner give very different results. The trip is only 146 miles (245km), but elevation change is +3500 ft (1000m).
EV Trip Planner is the only app that shows I can make the trip (at reduced speed) without a long detour south into AZ. Two adults and luggage...I used 500lbs as extra load.
Anyone have experience and advice with this route? Can I make it on a single 100% charge out of Kingman?

New owner, MS75D. Using Go Anywhere Tesla, A Better Routeplanner and EV Trip Planner give very different results. The trip is only 146 miles (245km), but elevation change is +3500 ft (1000m).
EV Trip Planner is the only app that shows I can make the trip (at reduced speed) without a long detour south into AZ. Two adults and luggage...I used 500lbs as extra load.
Anyone have experience and advice with this route? Can I make it on a single 100% charge out of Kingman?

I've driven from Erie NY to Ithaca NY and it has several 4k elevation changes and is 233 miles going the shortest route. I also ignored the speed warnings and usually arrive with between 7 and 20 miles of range at my destination. I even made it once in the 60D before I upgraded my battery.

So no experience with your route, but I don't see why its not possible.

Further, EV tripplaner says

47.4 kWh
158 RM

158 rated miles (assuming you use AC set at 72 and exterior temp 85F) and speed multiplier at 1.15. I've found I can actually slightly exceed what evtripplanner estimates but I think its clear you can make it just fine.

Hello - I've made this trip several times back and forth in my 2013 S85, including some mild snow flurries along the way - Flagstaff is high altitude. You should make it comfortably in your 75D unless you are traveling in extremely frigid weather. The trick for you will be to fuel up to the max in Kingman, limit your max speed, and avoid panic as the elevation changes and your battery depletes. The Flagstaff Marriott recently expanded their superchargers plus has a very nice lobby and staff. Use EV Trip Planner for reassurance. Enjoy the ride.