Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kingston, ON: PPF Install Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious why no one is willing to share how much they paid for PPF or Ceramic?
Is it not okay to share? I really want to get an idea what the price should be.
what car are you loooking for

For Model y

I have quotes for full front from 1200 to 2000...After my due diligence found out 1500 cash is a good midway point where I get quality film like xpel or Kavaca for the full front .Main things here to note is how the shops repetition is with PPF as every shop can do ppf but a shop who take emblems trims off and hide maximum edges is better and backed by there warranty .Read reviews where people had issues and how shop delt with those warranty issues .Ceramic depends on how many years you looking for. I went with just 2 years that will cost you whole car between 400 to 800.Again picked the mid point 600 for 2 years with warranty .If the car gets less hydrophobic I will take it back and they re apply

Dont want to name shops here .If needed DM me and I am in gta .Shopped around for over 30 shops .IF its model X price should be same .Model 3 and S should be a bit cheaper

Just curious why no one is willing to share how much they paid for PPF or Ceramic?

I know what you mean - I think people are sometimes shy about sharing PPF costs because it's a lot of money, some people don't think it's worth it and the prices people pay vary a lot so it's easy to feel like you got ripped off. From what I've seen the variety in cost depends on:
  1. Product used and whether there's a guarantee
  2. How the installer values their time - most of the cost of PPF is installation time so a newbie/amateur with minimal overheads with be a lot cheaper
  3. Quality of finish - that same newbie may not be able to do the same quality, or they might not spend the time a pro will to achieve it. Some people care and will pay for "perfection", others aren't too bothered as long as it's decently wrapped overall.
These are some of the reasons why one person finds an amateur guy who'll do the whole car for $2000, then someone else (like me) pays $1300 for what I believe is a reputable, high-quality guy just for the front end plus bottom of rear doors. There will probably also be someone who's done their whole car over a weekend for a few hundred bucks. Tough to compare.

Retail should be 2000 for full front from any quality installer, 5500 for full vehicle. Our discounted prices to Tesla Motor Club forum members is 1500 and 4500, while using 10 year warranty Xpel ULTIMATE Plus film, with no cut corners on the quality of installation and no questions asked lifetime on the workmanship warranty.

You can find joe blo per sa with no insurance, business overhead or certification for less of course, but why risk it and have something you're not happy with, that you'll want to have replaced for a few hundred dollar savings. Find the reputable company in your area and don't base the installation on price so much as reputation and willingness to stand behind the quality of installation. There's very few high quality installers in each major city in Canada, so sadly, it's a buyers beware market out there. With us, we've been installing for 17 years now and work on Tesla vehicles near daily. Check out our Tesla specific webpage and you'll find some great info there, Tesla Vancouver Clear Bra