Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kingston SC construction - 3 of 6 stalls closed (EDIT: 6/6 BACK ON-LINE)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i always try to avoid kingston, so little chargers. i just goto belleville instead, but i also have an sr+

Coming out of Ottawa sometimes leaves you with little option. Unlike Montreal (lots of L2 chargers for overnight use), skipping Kingston to go to Belleville can be tough given overnight on 110V@12A gives maybe up to 50 to 60 kms.

One would have to complete the Belleville to Ottawa leg with an almost full battery leaving Belleville and charge whenever possible to make it out of Ottawa back to Belleville (will be near impossible come Winter).

How to line up if all are in use?

Usually happens after business hours. You get a line of waiting Tesla near the back that need charge. You get out of our car and ask the people waiting on who's up next etc etc. People are nice about it, some will take your number and text you if you choose to walk across the street to get a coffee/shop. Leave your car in the area though to keep your spot (hopefully).

Usually happens after business hours. You get a line of waiting Tesla near the back that need charge. You get out of our car and ask the people waiting on who's up next etc etc. People are nice about it, some will take your number and text you if you choose to walk across the street to get a coffee/shop. Leave your car in the area though to keep your spot (hopefully).

I drove in and saw a Tesla was leaving. A few Teslas were parked in non charging lots. No one was there.

Any pics of construction, just so we could see how to park if the station gets full..? I recall sometimes there were up to 4 cars plugged in on a single row.

Any pics of construction, just so we could see how to park if the station gets full..? I recall sometimes there were up to 4 cars plugged in on a single row.
I think you'll figure it out.

here's a pic of them at work though. Not sure if it's ongoing today. None of the store owners knew what was going on.

20191015_120023-jpg.466752

Attachments

• 20191015_120023.jpg
    20191015_120023.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 165
They should of installed the # of SC's at Belleville at Kingston and have the 6 in Belleville. I feel going forward, most locations a long the 400's should have minimal 12 to 16 stalls to handle the growth of the fleet. Maybe up to 32 stalls in dense urban areas.

They should of installed the # of SC's at Belleville at Kingston and have the 6 in Belleville. I feel going forward, most locations a long the 400's should have minimal 12 to 16 stalls to handle the growth of the fleet. Maybe up to 32 stalls in dense urban areas.
*have

You just said 'going forward, most locations a long(sic) the 400's(sic) should have minimal(sic) 12 to 16 stalls to handle the growth of the fleet'

You said it right after you said they should have 6 in Belleville.

Also, I routinely see 3-6 cars charging in Belleville and that's 2019. Imagine in 2024.

Reactions: bijan