Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really Tesla Related, Accept that I discovered this while on my flight to the Model 3 Event in LA. Hope some can find it useful though.

How To: Hack American Airlines Wifi For Free GoGo WiFi Hack
=========================================
In this awesome video, I show how to exploit a neat little "hack" on the American Airlines GoGo Inflight WiFi. Using this "Hack" or "Exploit", will allow you to get 10-15 minutes of aa airlines wifi service for free at a time! This hack is repeatable, so once the system locks, just repeat! It's that simple. It's quicker and easier when I'm not holding a camera, and works on all Apple iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches, as well as Most Android devices.
After following my directions on to get the free in-flight aa free wifi, the connection will last that 10-15 minutes. I achieved some great speeds! While it is not very convenient to watch a movie, 10-15 minutes will give your phone enough time to download it's email, or your text messages for free. You could then respond, and reconnect again. Once you connect your messages and emails will then send. It's also great to let you notify a friend or family member that you are nearing the airport so they could come and pick you up.
Unfortunately, at this time. this hack for the GoGo in flight broadband/wifi does not work on international flights. Since AA Airlines international aircraft have a in-seat entertainment and game system, they do not have the streaming option through GoGo, and as such, it will not release the connection. So unfortunately, you will need to pay for WiFi access in flight for international flights. I used it on a flight to Beijing, and it worked spectacular! International American Airlines aircraft, such as the Dreamliner I was on, use a ~70mbit Satellite connection. And the cost for a Entire Flight of Broadbad was only $19 from Chicago (ORD) to Beijing (PEK). Not bad at all for 14 hours. And if you use a VPN, you can bypass the inflight GoGo WiFi filters and access YouTube, and Netflix.
On domestic flights, most of the American Airlines wifi is provided by GoGo using land based EVDO Cellular Towers, which still provided a good connection, considering not many people use the service. However, that is slowly being upgraded to Satellite based, providing speeds upwards of 70 Megabit.

KmanAuto
KmanAuto
Secured Home of superchargertravel.com
Kman's Approved Products - Electronics Kman's Approved Product Store
[email protected]
414-807-8354

Tesla Motors: Snow/Ice Storm Autopilot Test
======================================
Going through my old video catch, sorting and making available snippets and shots I've done Thus far. This was just a quick opinion and update during a Ice/Snow Storm. Autopilot Worked very well during this process, though, must keep the windshield clear so that the Tesla Autopilot Camera can see the road. Autopilot during a Snow Storm requires much more attention then normal. Do not remove hands from the steering wheel! Pay Attention! Driving Autopilot in a Snow Storm can be dangerous! Exercise Caution!!!

KmanAuto
KmanAuto
[email protected]
414-807-8354

Reactions: SmartElectric

Tesla Motors: 4G vs 3G Speedtest-Should you Upgrade to LTE???
=================================================
In this video, I compare internet speeds from my old 2013 Model S, on the AT&T Cellular network and 3G with my new 2016 Model S on AT&T LTE Service. Results were very interesting, and also could be reproduced. Based on my findings, I would continue to recommend people to not spend the $500 at this time to upgrade older Model S cars to operate on the 4G LTE Networks, accept in cases where you are constantly on the fringe of the network and signal and need that LTE to help get more throughput.

LTE Technology, (without getting too in depth or technical), is currently/generally a bit slower then the 3G HSPA+ that AT&T is using. Some of the major benefits of LTE are the better network management, generally lower latency, and fringe signal throughput.
If both 3G HSPA+ and LTE 4G have the same, low signal in the same spot, the LTE Will be faster in the majority of cases. While the 3G HSPA+ theoretically should have a faster speed in strong signal areas.

Key word though, is theoretically. In practice though, anything goes.

So based on my findings, and experiences driving a Tesla all over North America (US and Canada), rural and city, all over, If your care came with LTE, awesome, your all set, if it did not, don't be so hasty to donate $500 to Tesla for the upgrade. Wait for the 5G upgrade.

If you are constantly in a rural area that has poor signal, and want to make the most of that available signal and get the best throughput, and 3G is not cutting it, then upgrading to the LTE may be for you. As I said, LTW should provide greater throughput in low signal situations then 3G does.

I hope this has helped some people make that decision.

Please, once again note, all tests shown in this video are repeatable, and about the average/most common speeds I see. Peak hours of course speeds can very, but that is mostly tower overloading. Overloaded tower is overloaded no matter if it is 3G or 4G LTE, as each tower only has a finite amount of bandwidth available, and that is shared pretty much equally (not counting QOS, which the Model S / Model X and Model 3 should not need to worry about until we can in car video services. Thank You Elon Musk for our Awesome Vehicles! Tesla has done it again with the Model S!

Please, do not forget to like and subscribe.

KmanAuto
KmanAuto
[email protected]
414-807-8354

Tesla Model S: New Adventures! Teardrop Travel Trailer !!!
===========================================
I will now start a new Tesla Adventure Travel Series! Beginning Immediately. Had the fortune to partially barter and purchase a Teardrop Travel Trailer to pull behind my 90D Model S Tesla. This is my first drive pulling it, bringing it to my parents motel. Another video following soon with it's first long distance pull, to bring it home.
So much excitement and adventure awaits. I've already pushed the Model S to it's limits and beyond for general use. Now, time to push it further!
With my Adventure series, myself, my boys and eventually, my Future Wife Xiaolei, will travel the USA visiting amazing destinations, meeting my friends and viewers, and pushing the Model S even further beyond! I've already shown a Tesla can replace a family Sedan. Now, I will show it can replace most smaller SUV's. For everything else, you have the Model X!!! Heck, even Autopilot works with the Teardrop Travel Trailer!!!

KmanAuto
KmanAuto
[email protected]

Tesla Motors: Towing With a TESLA Part 1 - Teardrop Camper Power Consumption, Autopilot & Handling
===============================================
So, you have all asked for it, and I am delivering. After having a Hitch on my first Model S 60kWh for nearly 2 years, and only towing a log splitter and a whole house generator to it's new owner (mostly used the hitch for hitch mounted cargo baskets, and that, I used a LOT), I have finally taken the plunge and purchased/bartered for a rather nice, Little Guy teardrop trailer. It is not the exact Teardrop I had in mind, but the price was Excellent! (In fact, so good that I have already re-listed the trailer to resell, and if I can sell, I will be able to get the style I was originally looking for. How about that!).

Anyways, back to the details. I gave my preview video this past weekend, showing a candid shot of the trailer in my backup cam on a nice sunny day. That was driving to my parents from where I picked up the trailer. Now, the real test, driving home. That is, just over 120 miles home.

The tests include, and shown in this video, are:
-Autopilot---Does it function with a Trailer. Especially with a Model S that does not have the Model X's "Tow Mode"
-Energy Consumption--- How much does the Teardrop increase power consumption
-Handling--- How well does the Model S Handle with the Teardrop in tow

This video was actually very impromptu. I was going to just do a few snippets, but ended up keeping the camera in hand for the entire first leg of the journey--- From Wisconsin Dells, Wi to Madison, WI's supercharger.

So you get to experience it, the first real tow, same time I did.

Some details: Trailer weight, as it sat in this video is approx 850Lbs. I did not have a measurement of the hitch weight at the time, but deemed it acceptable as I could still lift the trailer tongue. I later measured at home, and it slightly exceeded my shipping scale capacity (Capacity is ~120lbs, and it barely went over, so I estimate that the tongue weight was about 135Lbs).

Now, a MAJOR note: I purchased it on a Saturday Morning. That afternoon, I checked the tire pressures, and they were all around 25Psi, slightly lower then recommended. Recommended tire pressure was 35psi. Max Pressure of the tires is rated at 50 psi.
I proceeded to fill the tires to 43psi, to give better range and still stay below the max pressure for these trailer tires.
Thought all was well. Towed the teardrop trailer home Sunday evening. I noticed Energy Consumption appeared to be higher then I was expecting based on previous towing of the Generator on my Utility Trailer (Of which, I estimate total weight of the generator + trailer to be about 600-700Lbs, so a bit lighter, yet, the generator was flat, so much less aerodynamic.

Monday Morning, I checked the tires again, on the trailer, as well as my car. My cars rear passenger tire was down 10psi from my normal set. Enough to be lower, but not enough to trip the TPMS....
All 3! Trailer tires were at ~15 PSI!!! That is, both driven tires, and the spare!!!!! Strange I thought.

Filled them all back up, and they have held perfectly for over a week. Later did I find out, my fathers truck, was magically also low, down to 20 psi from the 40 I had set his truck tires to the same time I did the trailer and my car.

It seems, during that night, someone was going around letting air out of our tires (They also got the neighbor across the street from my parents motel!!!).

So basically, And I take full responsibility for my stupidity, usually I check all tires again immediately before towing, The power consumption, WAS MUCH HIGHER then it should have been. I towed the trailer home with tires inflated to only ~15 PSI. Had they been at 43 like I set them to the travel trailer being pulled my my Tesla Model S 90D would not have had to work as hard.

This is a important thing to note!!!!

Adventure Series Coming!!

Reactions: AnOutsider

China Electric Adventure! State of EV Transportation in China April 2016
=============================================

Some may remember, back in Feb 2015, myself, and my two boys, Vinny and Geno, took a trip to visit my friend best friend Wensi` and her family in Dujiangyan, and Chengdu in the Sichuan Provence of China.
While visiting, I made note for my viewers of the increase in Electric Transportation, specifically, Electric 2 and 3 wheeled vehicles, as well as Electric Bullet Trains. We also visited the (At the time) Worlds Largest Tesla Store. What a experience that was!!!

Well, this April, I had the GREAT fortune to visit China again. Though, this time, the boys did not come with me. I was visiting my Fiancee, Xiaolei. This rare opportunity for me to be....Child-Less.... for a week (I missed the heck out of those boys, but it was a great rest that really refreshed me!) allowed myself, and Xiaolei, the fortune of exploring the state of Chinese Transportation. Thus, making, the China Electric Transportation Adventure!!!

We traveled around Beijing, and Fushun, enjoying our short time together. Along our travels, we had the fortune to see many unique modes of transportation, some new, some old, some very very old, and most of all, ELECTRIC!!! So so much electric!!!

Some modes of transportation:
Trolley's, Bullet Trains, Electric Tour Boats, Scooters/Mopeds, Motorcycles, Rickshaws, Bus's, Cars, Taxi's, Rentals, Bicycles and MORE!

We also visit two Tesla Stores (And got Kicked out of one for Filming), a State Owned CHAdeMO Station charging Government Owned Vehicles, and a Solar Powered Canpoy Charging Station Location with Rental EV's underneath!!!

So Please, Grab your Popcorn, or Fish Flavored Tofu Snacks if you prefer (You'll understand that one later...) and Enjoy the Show!!!

So based on my findings, and experiences driving a Tesla all over North America (US and Canada), rural and city, all over, If your care came with LTE, awesome, your all set, if it did not, don't be so hasty to donate $500 to Tesla for the upgrade. Wait for the 5G upgrade.

Kman's Yearly EV Party!!! EVERYONE IS INVITED!!! June 4 2016 & Automotion May 21-22 2016
==================================
This years EV Party will be at the Sandrift Resort www.SandriftResort.com (As Usual) on Saturday June 4th, 2016!

Itinerary: Meetup at the Mauston, WI Supercharger (6 stalls, behind Culivers). Grab a ice cream. Then go for a countryside ride to either www.DellsTrain.com for a Narrow Gauge Steam Train Ride, then to Sandrift Resort for a BBQ & Lots of Outdoors Fun! (Swimming, Rowboats, Paddle-boats, Canoe's, Beach, Camp Fire, Music, Volley Ball, Jungle Gym for kids, Ping Pong , and Shuffleboard!) and Don't forget, TESLA CAKE!

The train ride will be dependent on Popular Vote Taken at the Initial Supercharger Meetup. Since in previous years, only about 25% of the guests decided to actually go for the train ride, the other 75% just waited at the station for the riders return, I'll take a vote of if we should do the ride or just go start the BBQ.
Another option, since I am on the Historical Railways Board of Directors, is to setup our own private train. If we can get more riders, a lower cost donation per person, say, $4-$5 per adult and $2-$4 per child, I will just fire up our old Steam Style Tram, and pull one or two open cars and we will have our own private train.

PLEASE RSVP if you will be attending!!! My contact information is at the bottom of this box.

=======================================

Next up, on May 21st and 22nd, 2016, is the Automotion Weekend! The BIGGEST Event in the Dells of the year!!!
Cars of ALL TYPES will be mobbing the Dells! It is the Busiest and Craziest weekend of the year in the Dells. I am not holding a dedicated event, however, would love to get together with other EV Owners and Tesla Owners to show these Stinky cars whos the new Boss in town! Please contact me if you want to meetup for a beer and some fun, and then go for a nice drive around the Dells.
Automotion website is: Automotion
My contact information is at the bottom of this box, both email address and phone number. Please let me know if you will be coming to the Dells for Automotion so we can meetup.

KmanAuto
KmanAuto
Kman's Approved Products - Accessories Phone & Tablet Kman's Approved Product Store
[email protected]
414-807-8354

Tesla Accident-Car Summoned into Semi Trailer--- How It Most Likely Happened!
=============================================
No doubt you've seen in the news, about the Model S that "Activated Itself" and drove into the rear of a Semi-Truck Trailer. The owner of said vehicle, according to the news reports, says the car did it completely on it's own, and he did not activate it himself. Tesla's Log Pull contradicts this. Not only that, the series of events for this to happen on it's own is just really not likely.

I see this happening one of 3 days. Either the Owner enabled Auto-Park from inside the vehicle, which then activated when he exited and closed the doors, and he did not check his surroundings (Most likely, or possibly it was the person he was showing the vehicle to that accidentally activated it without realizing exactly what it does), possibly #2, Someone has stolen his My Tesla password, and using the Tesla App to activate the Summon, or #3, the Owner Activated it from outside the car using the FOB without paying attention to the surroundings.

Either way, the story of the vehicle owner does not add up. It seems more likely it is just another case of someone trying to pass off responsibility for their own F-Up on someone else.

In this video, I show the most likely way that Summon/Autopark was activated, in the manor where the owner could have activated it and walked away. But no matter what way the owner summon or activated the Tesla auto park, it is a multi-step process that the owner would knowingly need to do. As for "Butt Dialing" Autopark or Tesla Summons via the FOB, not very likely given the combination of key presses, and the requirement of holding down the Frunk or Trunk button (Unless the owner Actively De-Selected that option in the car which is enabled by default).

Like I said, the Most likely thing that Happened, is either the Owner or the Person the owner was demo-ing the vehicle to, selected Auto-Park upon exit, in his Tesla Model S, and when exiting the vehicle the car proceeded to pull forward. Also considering the Owner was parked facing the WRONG direction on the WRONG side of the street throws some questions up as well.

The car also requires a the FOB to be within a certain proximity of the vehicle, similar to how Unlock and Extend Upon Approach with the Tech Package/Premium Interior Package works.

KmanAuto
KmanAuto
Kman's Approved Products - Accessories Phone & Tablet Kman's Approved Product Store
[email protected]
414-807-8354

Tesla Model S: 90kWh HPWC from 10% to 80% and Time Sped up ~24x
=================================================
This Test, shows the charge time it takes from 10% SOC to 80% SOC on the 90kWh Tesla Model S 90D Battery Pack Revision A.
Viewer requested Realtime version will be uploaded soon, please subscribe for updates.
The charging portion of the vide was sped up by a factor of ~24x for your convenience. This test shows a recovery of ~230 miles of range replenished.
CHAdeMO Test coming soon!

KmanAuto
KmanAuto