Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

June 2nd, 2017 was the day of the private VIP Tesla Factory Tour. Got to meet up with other YouTubers, such as the Endurance Driver, Carl Reese, whom he and I are making some plans for a surprise in July some time.
That being said, here is a little Recap of the trip. Now, Tesla was VERY STRICT (Usually they are a bit flexible on this) about NO Cameras, Filming or Photos during this event. And if we even took out our phones, they would confiscate them and go through our pictures..... I was being particularly watched... So no video or photos of the tour, and NDA prohibits me from talking about some things as well. So at the end, the recap with me and Gerry will be some things that we CAN discuss.

All and all, this being my first Factory Tour, I was Insanely impressed with Tesla, the Safety standards they hold, Overall Cleanliness of the factory, and the great way they Treat the employees! (Of course, this is from my outside view of the company and what I observed).

While I was not able to film or record Franz's Q&A session, I did write a transcript, and will be making a video going over his Q&A. Got to love Pen & Paper! So reliable! Yet my handwriting is MESSY, so I need to go over it all again.

As more Supercharger locations open, we will face just that many more locations where we may become "ICEd". What does that mean? Being ICEd is the act of a Internal Combustion Engine based vehicle, barking in a location Designated for a Electric Powered Vehicle (Usually, a Charging Station).
Add in the Hundreds of Thousands of Model 3's that will be coming on the road, thus making Supercharging and other charging stations a premium parking location where every space is needed.

While this video is Tongue-in-Cheek, as it's not really "legal" to go randomly dragging peoples vehicles around, but this is in hopes to shed light and bring attention to the problem of ICEing, Hopefully we will see more cooperation from Non-EV's, and property owners to assist in keeping stations on their property free of Non-EV's

Wisconsin Native, JB Straubel, Chief Technical Officer (CTO) and Co-Founder of Tesla bestowed his presence this year as Guest of Honor and Keynote speaker at the Midwest Renewable Energy Association's Annual Energy Fair (MREA). It was a Honor to meet JB in person, and listen to his Keynote.
JB Covered the starting of Tesla, initial production, reductions of cost, all the way through to the Model 3, and scaling the Tech from the Model 3 up to work in the Tesla Semi. Following that, he speaks about needing the batteries to power these vehicles, thus comes the Gigafactory.
JB Wraps up with Tesla Energy products. Bring of the Power Packs and showing a short video clip about the Tesla Power pack powering 20-30% of Hawaii, all the way to the Solar Roofs and home Power Wall's.

I hope you enjoyed this informative Keynote. Please excuse the wobbly video, I could not use Tripod, this was hand shot video. Also, I cleaned up the audio as best as possible. Extreme background noise, including the Bicycles and Bikers that were POWERING the stage!

CHEERS!

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric

The Tesla Panel at the MREA (Midwest Renewable Energy Association). Covered some experiences, and took lots of questions. We accomplished much with the Q&A. Unfortunately, we had to condense as much as we could, as we were only given 50 minutes and we still ran over time.
It was very very hot and humid in the Tent, so excuse the lack of concentration.
We are going to try and book Two Hours of time for next year. It should prove more interesting with the Model 3 in production!

Reactions: lunitiks

Fair Warning, 24 minute long RANT taking apart Heather Knight's FUD Article about Tesla Autopilot killing bikers, without providing any real reasoning why, or any information to back up her claim. On top of that, her article/essay is filled with contradictions and assumptions.

While in general, a article like this should not warrant a response, her use of a Click Bait title; "Tesla Autopilot Review: Bikers will die" by "Heather Knight, Roboticist", prompted Major world wide News Coverage. Off course because it is Anti-Tesla. So as such, I decided not only to review her article, however, I Recruited my Side-Kick, Mike Anthony, yet again, do DISPROVE that Autopilot will Kill Bikers.

Without further Ado; Sit back and enjoy the Rant.

Link to Heather Knight's article: Tesla Autopilot Review: Bikers will die – Startup Grind – Medium

• Funny
Reactions: lunitiks
NUme00opOh-waIlI8gi6wEFFiKbp8NeYU8UCdJn1HO9EusGN97Q5CTaoxBvPck-TrKXGzi1omw=s220-h140-e365

Tesla's not the first car to have Auto Park, But it's the first car that does it right! While I don't use auto-park often, I've used it around 60 times since taking delivery of my 90D with AP1.0
Here are 25 instances of Auto-Park, played back at 2x normal speed. So far, I have not had a "Fail" at Auto-Park. I have had instances where I have stopped it early, due to the car being where I want it, other then that, it has worked Very Very well. This video spreads across Firmware 7, 8, and 8.1.

Coming Soon, 25 attempts at Auto-Parallel Parking.

Reactions: HankLloydRight

Another 1000 miles, another 1 mile drop in range. Had supercharged it the night before attempting to hit 100%, however, the night before, the car would not charge past ~96%. It was stuck at 96% charging at 1 amp at the end for over a hour, and still going. Good I guess if you want to avoid idle fees, but not when your trying to fill up and go...... So attempted 100% at home, and now it stops at 99.9% SOC.